Print

Author Topic: What Is Up With These Super Bowl Ads?  (Read 10423 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »
That reminds me of a Robot Chicken skit I didn't understand the first time around. It shows a wacky-dressed guy at a baseball field standing on first base, he stands there for a few seconds before yelling "Do you get it?" The guy is Dr. Who. So Who's on first. Get it? Ha ha. Given the instant gratification of violence that the show usually has, it was probably over the heads of many viewers who suddenly had to think during a five-second timespan.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
I was disappointed by the Who. I was expecting them to go more out of the box with there songs, like in previous cuts. Insted, all we got were those cookie-cutter album cuts. Also, it was just stupid of him to try to sing it as high as he could when he was twenty. The whole affair was just sad.
:D

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Did they play "Teenage Wasteland" or "Won’t Get Fooled Again"? Those are my two favorite songs.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
Tee hee, [insert snide comment about learning song titles here].
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
WHOOO TLW's BACK

Anyways, at least they made an effort to perform the songs faithfully to the original recordings, rather than screw up the pace/instrumentation/whatever as so many aging live acts do.

EDIT:
* Weegee seriously considers *****-slapping nenson
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:38:26 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »
The Who are too old. With their stage presence gone, they just aren't the same. But c'mon, "Teenage Wasteland" is like my favorite The Who song.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
Okay, first off, do you gross old man Canadians even watch the Super Bowl? How the hell do you know if The Who played? Second, why the hell would you watch the Super Bowl just to watch a bunch of dying old men play Teenage Wasteland and the CSI theme song?
every

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Teenage Wasteland and the CSI theme song

Also, according to a recent poll, over 50% of Canadians watched the Super Bowl mainly for the ads and halftime entertainment. In other words, most Canadians would rather pee during the game than miss the commercials. That's how much we care.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
You do realize the majority of Football fans are Americans?

Of course its a given Canadians wouldn't care about our sport. Nobody else does either.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 04:28:32 PM »
Okay, first off, do you gross old man Canadians even watch the Super Bowl? How the hell do you know if The Who played? Second, why the hell would you watch the Super Bowl just to watch a bunch of dying old men play Teenage Wasteland and the CSI theme song?
Teenage Wasteland is the CSI theme song, you derp. At least the CSI: NY theme. They played the CSI: Miami theme too. That first song was weird though.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »
1. There is no such song as "Teenage Wasteland". That song's title is "Baba O'Riley".
2. "Baba O'Riley" is CSI: NY's theme, and "Won't Get Fooled Again" is the theme song of CSI: Miami. Both were recorded for the Who's 1971 album, Who's Next.
3. The fact that you've never heard "Pinball Wizard" until now is pitiful, Solid.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »
Alright, now I think I'm the one being trolled.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
I was simply clarifying matters for those, if anyone, who weren't trolling in the first place. I'm sorry, but the wealth of musical ignorance in this thread is appalling.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
3. The fact that you've never heard "Pinball Wizard" until now is pitiful, Solid.
You didn't know the word "limp-wristed".
You didn't know what Magic Eye pictures were.
You don't put your own socks on.

Print