Print

Author Topic: Three Mega Man Exposés To Blow Your Mind  (Read 3051 times)

« on: May 11, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »
I saw one of these linked and then followed the rabbit hole. All three are intriguing:

The Capcom Turnaround

The Capcom Hand

The Capcom Pipe

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »
I pooped at the first one.

I noticed the second one when I first started playing Mega Man 6 years ago.

I definitely pooped at the third one.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:11:10 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
Turnaround: I "noticed" this years ago. I never took it as anything but a standard design element in the games. Also it makes sense that you wouldn't always have a straight line to the goal and/or it makes the stage a little longer.
Hand: Yeah, like the article guesses (but doesn't know), Inafune drew or designed pretty much all the illustrations up to Mega Man 8, when he got so busy that another guy took over.
Pipe: Weird and I didn't notice it, but why wouldn't a building have an exhaust pipe? Like, a ventilation pipe for air systems or whatever. It's not really as amazing as practical.

PL: "definitely"
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
Pipe: Weird and I didn't notice it, but why wouldn't a building have an exhaust pipe? Like, a ventilation pipe for air systems or whatever. It's not really as amazing as practical.
Because then some crazy teenager will fly an X-Wing along the surface of the building and fire two proton torpedoes down the pipe and into the main reactor, destroying the building instantly in a blaze of glory.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »
I defiantly pooped at the third one.

Constipated?

The first article could be applied to countless generic platformer layout conventions, the second caused moderate poopage, and the third was intruiging.

but why wouldn't a building have an exhaust pipe? Like, a ventilation pipe for air systems or whatever. It's not really as amazing as practical.

True, but the point is that it was not only appeared, but was drawn and positioned identically, on just about every Wily Castle.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »
I'm surprised the Turnaround caught you guys off guard. I noticed that years ago.

The finger thing is pretty cool, but I think I noticed that as well, and never thought about it farther than: oh, that's Mega Man art style.

Never noticed the pipe, but it's not that cool.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:54 PM »
Turnaround: My mind was blown when they showed it in non-Mega Man games.

Hand: When I used to collect comic books, I noticed that a lot of the artists drew hands like this.

Pipe: Interesting... It's probably an inside joke at this point.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:29:31 PM by Deezer »

Print