Print

Author Topic: Most underrated games  (Read 33036 times)

« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
I'd say Zork is underrated. The last Zork game was Zork: Grand Inquisitor, a 3D graphical (ugh) adventure that came out in 1996. They should make a new, next-gen Zork game for DS that includes two seperate graphical and interactive fiction modes. The lower screen would be a keyboard; how cool would that be?

That is possible. Games like point blank are making a comeback, why not Zork?

Back on topic, I think Yoshi Touch & go was pretty good. Not the best, but worth a play. It' great because of it's great pick up n' play style of gameplay, and was arcade-like in nature because of the fact you can have a blast trying to beat your current high score. Great to play when you've beaten and/or are tired of the other games in your DS library.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2006, 06:04:48 PM »
I've got four words for all of you. Space Station: Silicon Valley.

:D

I forgot to mention that one myself!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2006, 09:50:31 PM »
Ah. So I'm not the only one here that knows about SSSV's brilliance, quirkiness and crapload of how-the-heck-do-I-get-over-there type of puzzles. :P
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2006, 06:31:01 PM »
I liked Grand Inquisitor more than the other Zorks. Just sayin'. (Not like I could beat any game with Zork in the title, lol)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2006, 10:09:31 AM »
Well, yeah, that's the problem. First off, Activision, the people who currently own the Zork license, aren't very good at making Zork games (the one IF Zork game they made, The Undiscovered Underground, was a pointless, aimless, rambling bunch of nonsense), even if you could convince them to make aa new one for DS (or PC, for that matter). And second, they'd have to get the difficulty just right - too hard and it would turn off pretty much everyone, too easy and it would annoy the Zork fans. And they'd definately have to include the feature to turn graphics on/off, I can't stress that enough. And if they could, I hope that they'd the original Infocom writers; Activision just can't do stories in games no matter how hard they try.
every

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2006, 08:59:52 PM »
That is possible. Games like point blank are making a comeback, why not Zork?

Back on topic, I think Yoshi Touch & go was pretty good. Not the best, but worth a play. It' great because of it's great pick up n' play style of gameplay, and was arcade-like in nature because of the fact you can have a blast trying to beat your current high score. Great to play when you've beaten and/or are tired of the other games in your DS library.

I like that game too. It's awesome. It has a nice YI-ish feel to it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »
Well, I'm a Zork fan, but haven't beaten any of them.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2006, 07:30:55 PM »
I wonder if Jetpack is underrated.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sqrt2

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »
Star Fox Adventures rocked the house, along with every other Star Fox game (GBTG, though...not so much). It would be great if Rare made a new Star Fox game on the Xbox 360 (since they're now owned by MS). That would be so cool to play online against, like, 20 other people, especially with those 360 graphics...

They can't as nintendo owns the Star Fox franchise.

Anyway, I think that SMB2 was very underrated. If you can get past the weirdness of mario and co. throwing vegetables at enemies, it's actually quite a good game.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »
I wonder if Jetpack is underrated.

If it is, then it automatically wins. Jetpack is one of the BEST games ever, imo... I still have it on my Windows XP comp. =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2006, 04:37:52 AM »
You guys are talking about Jetpack and not Jetpac, right? I think you are.

Anyway, you're right. Jetpack RULES (even though I haven't played or seen or heard about it in about 12 years)!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2006, 10:55:38 PM »
Has anyone here heard of 3 in Three?

Didn't think so. It was made for the Apple Macintosh in the early 1990s. It's a puzzle game and is very addicting. Also has some good humor in it.

If you have an older Macintosh by all means find a copy of it! It works perfectly on my iBook with OS 9! (Not sure if it works on OS X or not)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »
I've heard of it. I have yet to find a copy, however.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2006, 02:24:33 AM »
Not sure if all of these are underrated, but I still like them...

Octolris
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Death Rally
Scorched Earth

While old, I still enjoy playing them. =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2006, 06:01:01 AM »
Not sure if all of these are underrated, but I still like them...

Jazz Jackrabbit 2

While old, I still enjoy playing them. =D

Hey, I remember Jazz Jackrabbit! I played a Jazz Jackrabbit game on my old Windoews 98. But my old computer is glitched up and in storage. So I can't play it :(. Not really a big lose, though. I only played it once.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Print