Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1716598 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5625 on: June 04, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090604/entertainment/games_brutal_legend

When gamers get angry about a game being delayed, nothing happens. When Activision gets angry about a game being delayed, they try to prevent it from being released at all.

I'm not actually all that interested in the game--it's just that this line of thinking seems somewhat flawed. Of course, since Double Fine apparently tried to give it to EA, I can understand...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5626 on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
Tried? Brutal Legend has been with EA for at least half a year. The actual suing is new I think, but Activision has been complaining about a game it willingly gave up for months now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5627 on: June 05, 2009, 04:52:28 AM »
I've been sick the last couple of days, but I bet I would've been over it by yesterday morning if I could have fallen asleep before 5:30. It was strange... I couldn't force myself to sleep or think about anything that would put me to sleep. I kept uncontrollably thinking about strategies involving defeating some black dragons or something. Even when I'd get up and stand next to my bed trying to contemplate things I could do to force sleep I would think about them. It was stupid, though, because I was self-aware enough to know that I needed to sleep and that there was absolutely no reason to be thinking about fighting dragons.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5628 on: June 05, 2009, 06:29:12 AM »

See this picture right here? That's me. There's probably no better choice of image or words to describe this ANGST post better.

« Reply #5629 on: June 05, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Don't feel down dude. Things could be worse.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5630 on: June 05, 2009, 11:01:59 AM »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5631 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:53 PM »
I'm a bit irritated right now because I'm at a library with fast Internet, but forgot to grab the external hard drive containing all of my Steam stuff so I could play TF2. (If the computer at my cousin's house was better, or if my dad's computer could connect there, I'd use their dial-up to play, which would still suck, but not be as utterly unplayable as my home connection, which was still down as of us leaving for Iowa yesterday.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5632 on: June 12, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
1. Have the external hard drive with me at this library (which has even faster Internet than the one mentioned in the previous post), but was told I couldn't set it up even though it's basically just a thumbdrive with an external power source. Gah.
2. The modem arrived on Wednesday, but for some reason, no method of setup that we've tried will work. My dad even called tech support (boo, India!) and was eventually transferred to advanced tech support after an hour of going through the motions repeatedly, with no luck there. We're waiting for a phone call from HughesNet about when a tech guy will be sent to our house to check it out.
3. I currently don't have an install disc for any dial-up services - if I did, I'd be able to connect at home and use the free trial to get online while we wait. We may be rectifying this later today, though.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5633 on: June 12, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »
What if Kuromatsu's canary died?

Cold blooded. :-(

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5634 on: June 12, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »

« Reply #5635 on: June 12, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »
Are you complaining that a post consisting of a picture of Eeyore was misinterpreted?

« Reply #5636 on: June 12, 2009, 03:53:45 PM »
Or are you saying that the "canary" post went above your head because it had no context in the conversation whatsoever?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5637 on: June 12, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »
Both canary posts had context in the "conversation".

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5638 on: June 12, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
Most importantly, Black Mage looks like Otacon with longer hair?

Also, Metal_Slug_M Kuromatsu has some pretty good Paint skillz.
every

« Reply #5639 on: June 12, 2009, 10:36:38 PM »
Black Mage does have glasses but I don't think his hair's ever been that long.

Print