Print

Author Topic: Biggest Mario Fan  (Read 9095 times)

« on: October 23, 2002, 05:35:36 PM »
I'm looking for the biggest Mario fans out there.  Just for fun.  Just tell Mario-related things you do to show how much you like him and his games.  Here are some of mine:

-I wear a lanyard with a Mario plush on the end of it.
-I have 2 of the same Mario shirt.
-I play Mario themes in band class.
-I have developed the nickname "Mario" by friends, teachers, and family.
-I beat SMB in about 4 minutes, 30 seconds.
-I was Mario for Halloween 5 times.
-I have a collection of non-video game Mario stuff of over 60 items.
-I bought a Nintendo (the old one, yes) a few months ago for the Mario games.

So please post yours!  I'll be looking forward to some of these ideas!
--Nario

“Computer games don''t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we''d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.” - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
------------------------------

“Computer games don''t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we''d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.” - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 05:37:19 PM »
I'm an idiot.  Sorry I posted this twice.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 06:18:27 PM »
Errrrr... this year I beat Super Mario World 2 with my feet... AND I averaged over an 80 on each level... :)

Plus I beat Super Mario World with 96 goals in one sitting. Took me just over 2 hours.

And I beat Mario is Missing... lol. *puke*

I generally know just way too much Mario trivia... I am not too big on the fan stuff, mainly due due my school being full of shallow... Never mind. You'll see if you view a few of my posts. However, in Mario trivia (Especially SMW2/SMA3) I am very adept.

I am not a people person. In fact, I`m more of an anti-people person.
I respect your post. As long as you don`t insult my intelligence in it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 10:07:19 PM »
-Im woken up every day by a Mario alarm clock
- I was mario for halloween twice
-I have every snes mario game
-I have been playing mario games ever since I was 3 and I beat SMB3 when I was 4!
- I USED to wear a mario pin!
-I stand undefeated in mario kart 64!
-I own a Mario Bros and a DKIII arcade machine in my rec-room
-I got to level 46 in Arcade Mario bros without losing a single life
-I have an unopened package of 1995 mario candy and 2 unopened cans of MarioPop under a glass case :P

Theres more but I'm too lazy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 10:16:40 PM »
I also have all the Nintendo beanies and all the Nintendo PEZ dispensers >=D

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 10:19:16 PM »
Dang. And I thought I was a big Mario fan.
I envy you, Stealth-LinK!
Anyway... I have Mario Fruit snacks... I have all the Mario fast food toys except the Taco Bell Yoshi... and the McDonald's under 3 Mario toy...
I have played NEARLY every Mario game...
I own or have a ROM of nearly EVERY Mario game...
I have a huge collection of Mario MIDIS...
I was Luigi for Halloween 2 years ago and my little brother was Mario...
I have rare promotional posters for Mario Kart Super Circuit and Super Mario Sunshine...

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2002, 10:25:01 PM »
I think I've played every mario game!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 05:33:16 AM »
I used to have two of the (old, but classic) Super Mario Bros. 3 toys from McDonalds - a Goomba and Racoon Mario...

I have a Wario beanie doll.

I have most of the GameBoy Advance Mario games - Super Mario Advance, Super Mario World, Wario Land 4, Mario Kart Super Circuit.

I had all the main Mario games for my Super NES (except Mario Kart).

I have most of the main Mario games for my N64.

The list goes on...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 01:55:43 PM »
-I was Mario for halloween twice
-I update and maintain a "fake" Mario website
-I talk to my friends about Mario all the time
-I play with Mario toys
-I talk to myself about Mario
-I memorize the release dates, and usually get Mario games when they come out
-I read Mario comics over and over constantly
-Other stuff too!

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 03:37:48 PM »
I got a few more:
-I have the Mario fruit snacks
-A Mario Jelly pop from July (eww)
-I memorize Mario songs.
-I don't think you'll believe this, but I started playing Mario at 1 and a half or 2 (just take my word for it)
-I went to Wendy's in September and ate the not-so-filling Kids Meals for the Mario toys (who cares if I'm 13?)
That's about all for now...

------------------------------“Computer games don''''t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we''''d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.” - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2002, 06:17:06 PM »
Couple more for me:

I, unfortunatly, only have 2 Mario toys ever made that are not video games: That raccoon Mario spring toy (Which doesn't work because one of my friend broke the base and I had to super glue it together. There goes the suction... ah well) and a White Yoshi bean bag doll which Nintendo Power (I have all the issues from 50-140 something somewhere) gave out for a YS promotion. I picked the white one mainly due to the fact that when the game came out, I found Black Yoshi on my first runthrough of the game (the 2-4 one) and I couldn't figure out where White Yoshi was... See, it came with a tag basicly saying what world it was in. I found one 3 weeks after I sent in the offer, (The 3-2 one... hmmm....) but thanks to slow shipping times, I got it about 2 weeks later.... ah well. Of course, not Mario related, but I did once own the Tetris board game... LMAO

I also have The Pringles version of those choose your own adventure Mario book #2, AND can still take the correct route through the whole thing. I never knew there were 12 books! (Well, 10. 2 were Zelda books) I only thought there were 2...

That's about it for Mario stuff...

I have also beaten (With other gaming achievments):

SMB1 -- 6'02 best (HOW DID YOU DO 4 and a half minutes???) Also, I beat it a different time with no warps, continues, and scoring 1 million points in the same game, without the 3-1 extra life trick.
SMB2
SMB3 -- all the way through, no warps, no stopping.
SMW -- 96 goals in one sitting
SMW2 -- (This one goes on forever) 100s on every level twice, with my feet, plus I have the titles of every level commited to memory. I can explain every level of this one in full detail to any idiot and they can get a 100 on the level, provided they have the ability to.
SMRPG -- At least 10 times beaten.
SM64 -- 120 stars on all 4 files, no saves, and I was the first one in my school to get 120 stars.
MK64 -- couple of my times:
Mario Raceway (No shortcut) 1'19"55
Frappe Snowland -- 28"93, 5"50 lap (seriously)
Sherbet Land -- 1'48"86
(I have a few more, but I forgot them)
All minigames and secrets in all the Mario Party games
All courses, Birdie Badges, Characters, and Ring Shot stars in Mario Golf (N64, and GBC when applicable)

And one of my proudest moments: FINALLY GETTING A 100 ON SECRET 5 OF SMA3 AFTER WANDERING IT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS. (I have 100s on all those too. Why does the phrase "No. 91" appear by my file?

Ah well... that is all I can think of right now.

I am not a people person. In fact, I`m more of an anti-people person.
I respect your post. As long as you don`t insult my intelligence in it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2002, 06:43:37 PM »
I have the jumping goomba, the jumping raccoon mario, and the luigi on a cloud mario toys too!

I have all the Nintendo video game all stars LoZ ocarina of time figures! But only 3 of the Mario Kart 64 ones :$

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2002, 08:12:53 PM »
I have the hopping Paratroopa toy...
I have the Wendy's Mario toy bags...
Let's see...
Actually, I think I've played every Mario game except Mario Golf... I own or have ROMs of every other game.
Buying most of the games I have ROMs of...
60% of my time is Mario (or Starfox...:-D)
I talk about Mario a lot and my few friends think I am crazy... except two... Who like Mario almost as much as me...

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2002, 08:22:51 PM »
Hmm, I did most of the toys and stuff when I was younger, but don't have them anymore...

-Wrote a walkthru for SMRPG, it's over 80 pages long.
-Watched the SMB movie twice and wrote a very detailed summary for those who can't watch it.
-Have told most of my IRL friends that I think Mario and Bowser would make a cute couple (AND they all still talk to me!)
-Run and write lots of material for a fansite.

That's all I can think of at the moment. You're all still in shock-horror at the Mario/Bowser thing, aren't ya? ^_^

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2002, 11:23:38 PM »
You poor, poor, sad, SICK girl.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Print