Print

Author Topic: I think it's about time ... we saw each other.  (Read 637583 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2004, 10:08:20 PM »
Sure, Chupperson; just let me know when you're comin'. ;)

Actually, although I won't deny that the not-too-wonderful climate and weather around here make for copious amounts of natural greenery, the view out of my window isn't quite as spectacular as that picture would have you believe. There are a lot of plants and trees, but it's no jungle. I took the picture in such a way that all you can see is plant life—but there are other things out there. For example, in between the leafy plants up front and the brightly lit pine trees farther back (in the center of the photo) is the road that runs in front of my house. Can't see it, though, can you?

A place that I'd really like to take you is my church. I think you'd like it a lot. This morning I took some pictures of my car and my house—some of which I'll post in the near future—and I wished later that I had taken my camera with me to church. Today was a beautiful day, and it would have been a great time to snap a few shots. Oh well. Maybe next week will be just as nice.

Here's a picture of something that I got at church today (everybody got one):

Today is Easter Sunday (Happy Easter! :), and my church had four services. It's crazy how many people there were today . . . I kinda wonder what all the people who don't normally go to my church think of us? Our senior pastor, you see, was playing with fire and chopping wood with this really big axe during his sermon. It was pretty entertaining. Probably the craziest thing he's done so far is start up a chain saw in front of everyone. Heh, I love that guy. (He's not the only there who does crazy stuff, though.)

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2004, 10:11:45 PM »
I'm sorry, Lizard. PHNOWM IFE. My priorities are really messed up, I freely admit. And I wish they weren't. Getting them straightened out is very hard for me . . .

And ya know what the especially dumb thing is? I really wanna watch those movies of yours that I haven't downloaded yet! It'd be my just deserts if you took them off before I download 'em (I'm not recommending that you do, however).

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2004, 10:55:52 PM »
I just watched the movies, and I like what I saw. More comments will (hopefully) come later in the appropriate topic, but I'll just say for now that I don't know if my movie-making software (iMovie) is even capable of fast- and slow-motion. Nice job!

« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2004, 01:05:31 AM »
Windows Movie Maker beats iMovie? *scratches head*

Remember kiddies, we want seconds of dessert, but not of deserts.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2004, 08:07:32 AM »
imovie is the best!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2004, 12:08:30 PM »
"Remember kiddies, we want seconds of dessert, but not of deserts."

That cracks me up! Did you know that desserts backwards is stressed?

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »
What version of Windows Movie Maker you have, LD?

My brain does stupid things when I‘m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2004, 12:32:23 AM »
Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2004, 02:00:46 AM »
Looks like I was wrong about iMovie&#151;it can do both fast- and slow-motion. True to my past experience with that program, I had been trying to make those features more difficult to execute than they actually are. There are times when I can't help but think that iMovie is a little too intuitive. But that's good, anyway, I guess.

The page in iMovie Help that told me how to do the above things also let me know that playing clips backwards is possible. That means I could get a nice Force effect going with the pillow toss in my first Meet Watoad movie . . .

I have version 3 of iMovie, but version 4 is significantly improved and can do a lot more.

As for the other thing, here's a nice, big scan:

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2004, 12:25:33 PM »
LOL! I'd upload a picture of me, but I don't have one. Sorry.

....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
Go to this awesome place.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

« Reply #325 on: April 13, 2004, 03:51:07 PM »
Cool, didn't know that.

Of course, my reminder wasn't refering to your post at all - it was just a public service announcement.

Yeah.

>>

<<

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2004, 04:16:21 PM »
That picture of Martha Stuart looks a lot like... another girl we know... a little...

<Sapphira>Pop is like soft rock
<Markio>You mean soft DRINK
<Chupperson>HAHAHAHA
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2004, 04:27:11 PM »
o_0 You are crazy, Markio. BTW, I like your sig.

....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2004, 04:39:13 PM »
Umm...EWW...NO! >:(
So I look like Martha Stewart and Watoad looks like Hugh Hefner...such wonderful people to be referenced as... -_-'

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2004, 05:08:09 PM »
Just a LITTLE.  I mean, you have the same hair style kind of.  that's like it.

Oh, that's not my sig, DNC95.

Signature under Construction.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print