Print

Author Topic: GCN'S Problem  (Read 4964 times)

« on: October 16, 2003, 04:43:52 PM »
The problem with GameCube is that they have short games.P.N 03,Viewtiful Joe,Wario World and some other games that Nintendo has made commercials of and stuff are too short.I beat Wario World in 2 days.Then I read in Nintendo Power that there are only 5 LEVELS in P.N 03!Then for Viewtiful Joe,I'm all ready about to beat it.Now games like Super Mario Sunshine,Metroid Prime,Luigi Mansion and some other games seemed to have alot of thought put into them.Pikmin is wierd considering the fact that it had a good storyline and it was a quite long game.Also considerig the fact that Pikmin is a new game.All these new heroes like Joe don't seem to have alot of thought.All those famous characters have long games.ESPECIALLY Metroid Prime.If Nintendo what's to make new characters,they need to put more thought.Sony did good with that considering Ratchet&Clank[which I hate now].Microsoft and Sony are ahead because of good,well-thought games.If Nintendo can't do that,then they won't be as succesfull as they were before.Game Boy Advance is better not because of Final Fantasy and other great games.It's because they have good storylines and have a good lenght of game-play.

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

Edited by - Killa of PS2 on 10/16/2003 3:48:57 PM

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 07:34:10 PM »
I know what you're talking about. My friend's older brother beat Luigi's Mansion in a weekend. Or that's what I heard.

I''m the chef of the Fungi Forums!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 09:04:04 PM »
I beat Luigi's Mansion in 2 days.I'm playing through it again and already in the 4th area.I also brag about it to my friends and they don't believe me until they see it.Which includes other games like Sonic Adventure DX,Sonic Adventure 2:Battle,Spiderman,Soul Calibur 2,Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance and James Bond 007:Agent Under Fire.Their to short!!

I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 09:27:07 PM »
Ever heard of "replay value"?
Games like Viewtiful Joe and Spider-Man (And arguably Luigi's Mansion) are fun enough to play multiple times. So they don't have to be insanely long.
Heck, even really long RPGs are worth playing a couple times.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 07:06:11 AM »
Well,for short games you can't include fighting games.EVERY fighting game is short.Fighting games are only made for replay value.I know about replay value.I'ts pretty important.But some long games like SMS have great replay value.All I'm sayin is that GCN needs to have longer games.What if they have short games with no good replay value?

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 12:54:33 PM »
Yeah, I look at great games usually for their replay value, especially when I'm low on $$$.  Like Animal Crossing for instance, I only had $50 when I got it, and since it's well, you know Animal Crossing, you "theortically" can't beat it (I paid of ALL of my debt, though).  As to Luigi's Mansion, I got all Gold Portraits, and Rank A House.
 n/a

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 02:34:26 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa, stupidmonkey. The GameCube Sonics are too short!?! I think you're a bit confused. Each level has 3 (in 1) or 5 (in 2) goals per level, some of which are deadly hard! Add the übertimedraining Chaos into that, and if you think they are short, then you'll probably only be satisfied with Morrowind or Star Ocean 2.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 08:17:42 PM »
Lenght of games is obviously not GCN's problem. Lack of games and a "kiddie" image are GCN's problem.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 02:41:16 PM »
I think TBB hit the nail on the head in that post.

Yeah, I beat Luigi's Mansion exactly 9 times in a row over the period of a couple days. It's not hard and the "secret" mansion is a clone of the other one except the noticeable fact that your vacuum is better.

SSBM would be the one to replay zillions of times, yes.

TBB is absolutley right. Not the length, but the images they have. Another complaint I have heard is about SMS's horrendous advertisement they had which was "Clean is better than dirty!"

But there is one point that was incorrectly said. Yes, GCN doesn't have many games, but 99% of the games are of very high quality. Not graphics or anything like that, but how good the game is to play.

the secind rurel of suces:
 Never hire uvg to be your lawyer and speak for you...
the thurd rurel of suces: Never let uvg write reviews for your site...

Edited by - Trainman on 10/18/2003 2:03:11 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 08:55:03 PM »
OH COME ON.
GCN has like 300 games. No one can complain about lack of games.
Also, remember the good ol' NES days? Sometimes I have more fun playing those games than I do with any new games. Case in point: Mega Man III. I can beat it in one sitting, but it's just cool enough that you can keep playing it over and over again. There are some GCN games like that. Go get those. A system doesn't need to have 587439 games to be good. It also doesn't have to have an "image."
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2003, 09:16:52 PM »
Uh... I just tpyed a very long post saying that Chupperson's reply has little to do with an average, mainstream gamer. Unfortunetly, it just got deleted. So, I'll keep it short: If you knew little about video games, (and were a mainstream gamer)would get a system with at least one hundred sports titles and many other First Person Shooters, AND online play, or would you get a system with "300+ games"?
Also, image has a lot do do with it. I mean, I like that GCN a lot, but look at it. It's (mainly seen as) purple, and it's in a box shape. It looks like a jack-in-the-box. I wish people were a little more educated when they buy games, but they aren't. If the N5 is the same as the GCN, we may lose Nintendo. Don't flame me, I'm just being realistic. I'd love to be proven wrong, by the way.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2003, 11:36:21 PM »
I beat luigi's mansion in 6 hours

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2003, 11:37:26 PM »
And chup. It should have an image. Look at the XBOX! They should make their image a little more compact don't ya think?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2003, 01:53:32 AM »
Um, I have an article from GMR magazine about the N5. I will scan it and put it up somewhere once I get Meowrik to host it.

the secind rurel of suces:
 Never hire uvg to be your lawyer and speak for you...
the thurd rurel of suces: Never let uvg write reviews for your site...
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2003, 04:14:25 PM »
You think Nintendo has a problem, You have problems with XBOX, and you hate PS2. Are you a hateful person?

Print