Print

Author Topic: Mario Sunshine Discussions  (Read 3159 times)

« on: January 21, 2002, 12:46:07 PM »
I need some help.  What exactly is Mario Sunshine about?  Is it the normal "Peach gets captured by Bowser and Mario comes to rescue her", or is it something different?
 n/a

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 12:57:22 PM »
We don't know yet.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 05:20:44 PM »
Ya, it's a secret. I do hope it's a diffrent plotline then Peach being kidnapped. But Bowser better be in it!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 06:21:01 PM »
Ya, yousa right.  Wesa all tired of Peach getting caught by Bowser.  Bowser's cool, no?

Whosa dare challenge Chargin Chuck?
 n/a

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2002, 06:39:05 PM »
Enougha witha the brokena Englisha!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2002, 06:56:40 PM »
In every screenshot of the game that I've seen, Mario has had a mysterious device on his back. I think the device is probably similar to Luigi's Poltergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2002, 03:08:10 PM »
Green Luigi, where did you see these screenshots?

Whosa dare Challenga Chargin Chuck?
 n/a

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2002, 03:31:03 PM »
I saw the screenshots at:

http://members.tripod.lycos.de/adm/popup/roadmap.shtml

The site is mostly written in German but the words "Mario Sunshine" and "Screenshots" are in English.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2002, 11:56:39 AM »
By the way,according to Nintendo.Com,Mario Sunshine is sort of like a code name.  When it comes out the name will be different.  The only way to get the best info on it will be when official info is available on it at http://www.nintendo.com/.  i would guess it would stick to the general plot(Bowser capturing Peach),but it could also be different(like Super Mario RPG and Mario Party 2).

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2002, 11:24:36 AM »
Fromn what I've seen in teh screenshots and read in various web sites, here's my theory:

Bowser has traveled to the land of Sunshine Town (I made up that name) and has captured the Sun, the main power source that makes the citizens of Sunshine Town happy and free from evil. By capturing the Sun, Bowser plans to use it's power to create an enourmous "evil-ray" that will bring death and darkness to the world...

Mario hears of these plans and immediately travels to Sunshine Town, where the inhabitants tell him what Bowser's evil intentions are. They also explain to him about the Sunshine Coins. Sunshine Coins are mini portions of the Sun that contain small amounts of energy. They say that using the Sunshine Coins will create a small amount of light and will help to ward away the evil, but they only last for a limited time. So the citizens tell Mario that in order to bring complete happiness throughout the world of Sunshine Town, he must collect all of the Sunshine Coins and combine there power with water to create rainbow pools of happieness throughout the town. That's what that backpack on Mario's back is probably used for: to collect the Sunshine Coins and combine their power with water and create small rainbow pools of happiness!

That's just a theory of what the game will be like... Pretty good one, huh?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2002, 05:51:21 PM »
I couldn't find them. What do you click on?
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2002, 08:42:37 PM »
There's a ton of screenshots at cube.ign.com

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2002, 10:01:10 PM »
I thought that the sun was Mario's health meter.  Although that would make the game more Yoshi Story-like.  Mama mia!

---------
Welcome to Wariokart!!!!  As for you, Mario...a Triple Blue Shell chasing after you!
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2002, 05:26:36 AM »
I hope it's set in the Mushroom Kingdom, or he Mushroom World at least- a chance to properly explore it would be coolio. Also, I hope it has a decent plot- lotsa twists, like halfway through Wario shows up and steals all your stuff, so you have to divert your attention from the main quest at hand...

Something like that.

If all the world is a stage, does that mean the theme tune was written by Toadofsky?
If all the world is a stage, does that mean the theme tune was written by Toadofsky?

Print