Print

Author Topic: Bowser Jr. makes me sick.  (Read 19909 times)

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 04:17:45 PM »
Mario and everyone seem to forget how events turned out in the past, who they encountered, who has helped them, betrayed them, or anything. It wouldn't hurt to give a little shout-out to times gone past. It's like they're all dogs and can only really live in the present with no idea of the future or past.
"I know Bowser is behind this! Will he ever tire of tormenting us?" ~Peach, Super Mario 64
"What?! Bowser's kidnapped Princess Peach? Again?" ~Goompapa, Paper Mario
"A strange old man in a white coat gave it to me..." ~Bowser Jr., Super Mario Sunshine
"Wait...Princess Peach? The one who gets kidnapped by Bowser, the Koopa King? The one you rescue?" ~Goombella, The Thousand-Year Door
"I tried to kidnap you a while ago, didn't I? Yeah, that didn't turn out so well, did it?" ~Kamek, Partners in Time
"I think I'll move my research to Boo Woods." ~Prof. E Gadd, Partners in Time

I mostly pulled these from memory, so they aren't the exact words, but you get the picture. There's hope. :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »
Mario games don't have a direct continuity, as Reading just proved. The only continuity is in references made throughout the game, whether they are in dialogue or not. In my opinion, Bowser Jr. looks like a very good sidekick for Bowser. Seeing one of the Koopalings standing on a doomship behind Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy wouldn't look nearly as good as Bowser Jr. standing there.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:53:50 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
I think it would be hard for Mario to remember the events of Luigi's Mansion too well, having been trapped in a painting the whole time. And Luigi remembering Sunshine's events would be preposterous--he wasn't even there.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 03:11:14 AM »
I think it would be hard for Mario to remember the events of Luigi's Mansion too well, having been trapped in a painting the whole time. And Luigi remembering Sunshine's events would be preposterous--he wasn't even there.
Don't count on it, they could pull a Lion King 1 1/2 and show that Luigi was there behind the scenes the whole time. But that's just as unlikely to happen.

Oh, and I wanted to clarify on what I said about Baby Bowser looking good: I meant the SNES Yoshi's Island version. N64 version doesn't look good.
You didn't say wot wot.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »
I think it's very likely Mario would've told Luigi all about what happened after Sunshine, or for that matter, 64. They're brothers and everything. And at the end of the first two Paper Mario games, Mario and Luigi are discussing the adventure that just ended, and it sounds like Mario and Luigi have these kind of discussions frequently.

I mean, why would Mario just not say anything about Sunshine or 64 to Luigi? What if Luigi wanted to know? :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »
Well sure, but Mario wouldn't say "remember the time this happened" if Luigi weren't there, whether he told the story or not.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »
So what about the story of SMB2? That was just a dream..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »
It was only alluded to being a dream. For all we know, Sub-Con actually exists and it just happens to be accessed by dreaming.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
Like Oz or a debt-free America!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
Yeah, the Oz thing was what I was going for. Makes perfect sense considering the Mushroom Kingdom is already similar to Wonderland by itself.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
And what of everyone who seems to live there? Comas?
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
The whole Oz dream thing was made up by the movie.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
The Wizard of Sub-Con. Make it happen.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print