Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44657 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
Also, I wouldn't want Wario and Waluigi in a Mario RPG because I have a bad feeling that they might add even MORE confusion to the Mario universe...or something.

There's already so much confusion in the Mario universe that you can't add much more.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
^
Understatement of the century.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
...What confusion could there possibly be by Wario and Waluigi being playable in M&L4? I mean... what the hell?

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2009, 05:00:52 PM »
...What confusion could there possibly be by Wario and Waluigi being playable in M&L4? I mean... what the hell?

...Are they Mario and Luigi's brothers? Are they themselves even related? Where has baby Waluigi been all this time? If they've been antagonists since Wario stole Mario's castle in SML2 and the "evil bros." worked in cahoots with Bowser in Mario Power Tennis, why would they be playable? If they're just in it "for the money" as one might guess, where was Waluigi during the events of Wario's last outing? Is Baby Wario so [darn]ed ugly because he grew out of the lettuce patch, as opposed to the cabbage patch?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2009, 05:43:40 PM »
I think that confusion already exists, so it can't be added.
That was a joke.

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
I just feel that it would be awkward to have Wario and Waluigi in a Mario RPG. It's like putting Diddy Kong and Wart in a Mario RPG. It wouldn't look right. Wario already has his own stack of games (Wario World, WarioWare, Wario Land, etc.) and is becoming more and more distant from the Mushroom Kingdom (kind of like DK) that if Mario and Wario were to team up in a Mario RPG, it would look weird.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »
Uh... no it wouldn't. They'll work fine. I mean, that's like saying it was a bad idea to put Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in a Mario RPG, but look how that turned out.

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »
No, no, I see FBM's point. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi can't really be treated the same as Wario and Waluigi (or just Wario, at least) because they haven't broken off into a spinoff series for themselves, whereas Wario's primarily moved on from the Mario series into not one, but two series of his own, except he still participates in spinoffs. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Though, to be honest, the Mario vs DK games might damage the point slightly.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »
Ugh... Waluigi is still a Mario character through and through. Putting him and Wario in an M&L game is probably the best way to break him out of spin-off hell.

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »
Wario has already established so much of a separate canon that his inclusion in a mainstream Mario game would be something akin to having Peach kidnapped by King K. Rool... which is what Super Smash Bros is for.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
I have zero problems with Wario and Waluigi being in a M&L game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »
Waluigi is still a Mario character through and through

Waluigi wouldn't really work without Wario there as well, though.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »
That was the point. He and Wario would be the second set of Bros. in M&L4, and eventually they form a quartet, Four Swords-style.

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2009, 05:37:58 PM »
I'd still rather a Popple-Rookie style role for the brothers W, with Wario as the demanding, interminally unsucessful leader, and Waluigi as the incompetent, blame-receiving sidekick. I'd even like to see a SMB Z-style backstory with no significant effect on the storyline. However, I don't think they have what it takes to become playable starring roles.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
What do they not have? Why would you demote them to a status that's way too cliched for it's own good?

Print