Print

Author Topic: New Mario Power-Ups  (Read 9653 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
I actually nearly added a Thunder Mario to my above post but I couldn't figure out how it would work or what practical use it would have.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
Gaben Mario: Does absolutely nothing.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
Doesn't make Episode 3, at least

So I know how I want a lightning power-up to work. Lightning Mario would be able to do one midair jump, as in Smash Bros. or Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Lightning would shoot directly downward out of his feet when you use it. There would be secrets littered all over the game that you could only reach by use of this move.

Also, Dragon Suit. Basically a combination of the Cape's powers and fireballs (would be most fitting to appear in a game that also brought back the cape). Would be ultimate. Would be overpowered? If you got the skills to not lose it what's wrong with a little power?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 01:02:39 AM »
One of the overpowered parts of the Cape was that it was so hard to lose.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
There've been lots of variations on flight, and different ways for Mario to fire off projectiles or become invulnerable.  I think new Mario power-ups should focus on new things for Mario to do.  Galaxy 2 was great for this with Cloud Mario (which has become one of my all-time favorites, right up there with Raccoon Mario), Drill Mario and Rock Mario, and even new power-ups for Yoshi too. 

I'd like to see Sticky Mario.  Mario covers himself in goo and can stick to any surface.  Sort of like the Spider-Ball from the Metroid games.  Maybe he could throw globs of slime to attack... or shoot webbing and make the power-up Spider-Mario?  If you wanted to make it completely broken he could also lay down web-platforms like Squitter in DKC2-3 or like Cloud Mario's clouds.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »
Rocket Mario - point in a direction, and take off! Fly in a mostly straight direction till you hit a wall or ceiling. Invincible, but only destroy enemies that hit the cone point on your head. When you smash into a wall, fall straight down, so be careful with any foes you miss!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print