8 (50%)
3 (18.8%)
1 to 119
3 (18.8%)
Zero
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: 121 stars in Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 15056 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:25:32 AM »
After you get 120 stars with Mario and beat bowser a second time. You will unlock the game with Luigi. Get all 120 stars with Luigi and then beat bowser a second time and you will unlock the Grand Finale Galaxy. This galaxy is toad town and princess peaches castle and it has one star to get. The galaxy is mainly for you to run in a straight line while picking up 100 purple coins and stopping to talk to every single NPC in the game. Once you get all 100 purple coins Toad will meet you, give you your 121st star, and a commemorative photo and message in your Wii message board. Do this with both Mario and Luigi and you will get a different photo for each, show you how many times you died with that character, and make the file that you did all this stuff with sparkle and glimmer. It's pretty cool. I was actually one of the first people to find this.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
I'm quite sure you weren't.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »
When I found it I looked all over the internet for it and not even this site had it yet.  The closest I could find was on cheat planet.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
I was actually one of the first people to find this.
That depends on how large a group you consider "the first people".  Some people got advance review copies and had 121 stars before it was official released.  They just kept the secret. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »
Well I mean when it officially came out.  Like when something like that occurs it's on the internet instantly.  It was nowhere when I found it so out everyone who got the official copy I may have been somewhere in 7 people who found it on their own.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »

O rly? What date was it when you did it?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
I found it a week after the game came out.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
This info was definitely on the internet before the game came out.  I, for one, was one of Luigison's individuals with an advance review copy, and the info was out even before I had my copy.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 07:57:47 PM »
I found it a week after the game came out.

Wow, really? I'll check later when I found it for myself.

Anyway, it's a bit hard to believe you got 240 stars in 7 days.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
Not necessarily.  I did the first 120 in two days.

Anyway, as proof by example, here's a clip from Nov. 5th, which is TWO WEEKS earlier than when MushroomJunkie would have found it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qt0z3Ce6OqQ

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh, heh heh, lol.

Well, I only got 35 in the first day, but I used to be limited by the time I could play my Wii. (Not because I'm bad, but because my dad watched TV at a certain time until 11:00 or 12:00 at night.)

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
MushroomJunkie why did you even post this? You could have at least put spoilers in the title, and this is VERY old news. I'm pretty sure most of us know this already, and those that don't, probably don't want to know, or they would have found out already by google or some other thing.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »
This reminds me of the time I posted a topic about the Gamecube. I thought I was the only person who knew that if you held down the Z button, it would make a different start up noise.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »
Hey, what's "Ralph Nader" supposed to mean any... oh. Right.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »
What does Ralph Nadar mean?  I was wondering that.  Anyways Luigison how did you get an advanced copy?  I would like to do that for some other mario games that will come out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:13:40 AM »
I think it's because he's a member of the Green Party and you were (double-) posting exclusively in blinding emerald font for some time.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »
Yeah I got a message from Deezer asking me to only use it sparingly.  So I don't do that anymore.  So what is the Green Party?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 08:31:52 AM »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »
And what does that have to do with video games?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »
you were (double-) posting exclusively in blinding emerald font for some time.
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »
OMG!!! YOU SPOILED THE ENDING OF THE GAME FOR ME YOU JERK! I was SO excited to discover after all of my hardwork what was going to happen. BLAH BLAH!

Anyway, this is what my cousin felt as I was showing him the forums, hoping to get him to join. I don't think he wants to anymore. Thank you so much for this enlightening topic.

[That's not an acceptable expression of irritation, Nintendoobsessed.]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:02:52 PM by Suffix »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »

I was probably the first to find this.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »
Wow!  Thats cool!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
So if this is all old news to you guys.  Could someone please get me up to date on all the new Mario hacks, glitches, and easter eggs?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
Well, for one thing, people have been getting stuck in some planets in Super Mario Galaxy. I think jumping in between corners of some planets cause this.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 05:25:07 AM »
hmmmmmmmm.  I see what you mean.  I shall try this!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
Also, if you collect 9999 star bits in a file with either Mario or Luigi, all the coconuts will turn into watermelons for the respective character.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:25 AM »
For real?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 09:31:03 AM »
Yes actually that is an old easter egg as well.  I forgot to mention that one.  But turning the coconuts to watermelons really don't do anything.  It's pretty pointless.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
Ok in your vid on youtube you stomped on an amazy dazze in the rock world.  I thought they were only in the flipside pit of 100 trials.  I beat this game and I beat pit of 100 trials and the only place I ever saw an amazy dazze was there.   I don't understand it.  Cause their the most rarest enemy in the entire game.  Their card is rated 3 stars on the rarity scale.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »
Ok in your vid on youtube you stomped on an amazy dazze in the rock world.  I thought they were only in the flipside pit of 100 trials.  I beat this game and I beat pit of 100 trials and the only place I ever saw an amazy dazze was there.   I don't understand it.  Cause their the most rarest enemy in the entire game.  Their card is rated 3 stars on the rarity scale.

If you go where I went and flip to 3D, you will see an amazy dayzee there.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
new Mario hacks...?

Mario will hack at you if you hack at him.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
Then Mario needs a cough drop.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
LOL

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 10:47:34 AM »
LOL
Guideline:
"Very short, particularly one word posts are generally a waste of a post.  Think about whether your post is really contributing anything to the community."

Out of curiosity I added a poll to this thread.  How may stars do you have?  I have 121.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:49:16 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
What? It was funny!

Oh, and, yeah, I've got every star.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 03:31:16 PM »
Yeah I have all 121 too.  Hey thanks for letting me be the administrator the poll!  I just thought it was nice of you to let me be incharge of it because I made this thread. :)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
As Mario: 120 (there are 241 stars to get in SMG, you Mario-forgetting fiends!!!)
As Luigi: Don't remember, I think at least thirty.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 04:06:31 PM »
Yes we know there are 241 stars.  But you can only get 121  per character.  So it's a bit different.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
(there are 241 stars to get in SMG, you Mario-forgetting fiends!!!)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
You only get 120.5 per character.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
Oh, so the Grand Finale Galaxy has a star for Mario and one for Luigi?

..Well that's stupid. One can treat the Luigi playthrough as the second playthrough. Why would you want to collect purple coins twice in a row?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »
In that case, I have 242 stars.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
Yes!  My Name isn't Ralph Nader anymore!  It's "more sucking power".  Is that used often or is it just my name?  Does it have anything to do with Luigis mansion?  Does that mean I am rising through the ranks of this forum with my awsome posting?  Will I soon be as powerful as Deezer and Megabyte!? (no, ha ha).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
CTs (Custom Titles) are "awarded" by moderators on an arbitary basis. As for where you got that one... I haven't payed a whole lot of attention to all of your posts.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »
So, does that mean you are the downfall of all forums?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:22 AM »
Well... I've mentioned on a few occasions that the last two forums I went to collapsed after about a year (though they were run by the same people, so it's understandable) and people started talking about this place falling apart not long after I joined. Also, I'm renowned for my "Nintendo bashing", so it's a double-entendre.

Off-topic, I know (there's a custom titles thread elsewhere if you want to discuss further).

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
Where is this  section loctated?

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008, 11:25:34 AM »
He got it because he mentioned the Poltergust 3000's extra power in the hidden mansion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »
Yeah, I guess.  But actually I forgot to mention that one and N64Chick told me I missed it :).  But why does yours say you'll stop breathing?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
Where is this  section loctated?
Wait a second... I can't find one! ...Gee, I was sure there was a custom title thread...
Here, I guess we could bump this, or maybe start a new one. Then again, I think a lot of the fun of CTs is everyone else figuring out why you have it. Starting discussions about them kind of kills the... thing.

He got it because he mentioned the Poltergust 3000's extra power in the hidden mansion.
Yeah, I figured that out not long after I posted (but thanks for helping).

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »
Ok from now on I am going to try and figure out why people have the CT's they do.

Print