Print

Author Topic: Im new  (Read 4454 times)

« on: June 09, 2003, 07:13:03 PM »
Carl. r u out there anywhere??? anser me plz
wa'z is rong wif u
Deep in the shadows there is a door...
Go through and enter a world of dreams and imagination.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 07:19:26 PM »
Uh, are you another guy who never went to an English class?
*NOTE*I would watch out for Sapphira if I were you(she likes to correct grammar).
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 07:33:25 PM »
Yes, please use English. If you don't, I may tend to be a jerk towards you. Thanks.

Oh, and welcome to the boards. Don't spam, no flamming, feh, if you weren't going to do these things, you'd already know not to do them.

Edited by - Black Mage on 6/9/2003 6:40:56 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 08:26:22 PM »
Heheh... Really? Am I *THAT* pushy? ...Sorry, there comes a point when bad grammar starts to annoy me. I don't do it very often (I think), and I wouldn't do it to a 1st-posting newbie. Unless they give me a *REALLY* bad impression.--And I usually wait a while.

Anyway, Welcome to the boards!

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/9/2003 7:29:38 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 09:16:10 PM »
Well, I was just upset that you on purposely spelled the words wrong!
But, welcome to the boards.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 10:39:06 PM »
You think *HE'S* bad, you should see uvg's.
In fact, his very sig had over half the words spelled wrong.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 07:25:43 PM »
Grammer I think is very important in a post because if you are new to the language it is very hard to read and also if the grammer is extremely bad, many people will not want to read the post.
Everything you say could be racist, even this sentence.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 07:33:23 PM »
Is uvg the guy who spelled 'retard' wrong? Or was that marioguy?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 08:53:58 PM »
lol. That was Marioguy. But uvg has ALSO spelled retard wrong, too. Someone once pointed out that an average of 9/10 words were spelled wrong in a REALLY long sentence he wrote in "A Mario Story: 1 sentence"...etc.

--------------------

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 09:12:57 PM »
Oh, I think with screen names, if the original person didn't capitalize the first letter, then the name should stay uncapitalized(it's a grammatical error, but it helps identify the person, because there could be a marioguy and a Marioguy-two different people).
Like with me, jon, I perfer people to use a lower-case 'j' instead of a capital 'J'. That's the way I see it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 09:25:40 PM »
I agree, jon.  As in eBay.  By the way, is N/A3312 still here?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 09:29:01 PM »
Well, you wanted Luigisan...if any of us had wanted to change our screen names, we should be able to change.
On the otherhand, names would change so often and no one would know who anyone is anymore!
Oh man, that means if marioguy gets banned, he can come back with another name! Or is it just that Deezer knows...marioguy might change his e-mail!
Well, if marioguy gets banned and comes back again with a new screen name, we'll be able to tell who it is.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 11:38:01 AM »
Man, I've seen this same exact thread 52 times.

Sound familiar?: Some newbie with bad grammar comes and says, "hi i r a newbie!" Someone warns them of Sapphira/Chupperson Weird, a few people introduce themselves, the newbie never shows up again.

"The horror, the horror"
-Kurtz, Heart of Darkness

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 01:24:25 PM »
Well, that's probably they think we're rude, but we're just trying to help.
Oh, I'm a newbie and I ain't leavin'! Not until stuff happens-I don't know what, but at least I'm here-with others who enjoy Mario^_^. This is my Internet home.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2003, 12:03:19 AM »
Heheh... so what exactly is the ratio of people that leave after they post less than 10 times to the people that stay around for a while, anyways?
That was a joke.

Print