Print

Author Topic: When You First Came Here...  (Read 5185 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 03:04:03 PM »
When I first came here, I was known as one, Luigisan, very briefly. I was a newbie^2. Also, Luigisan->Master_Luigi->TheEggMan->TEM. I thought this place was full of Mario nerds constantly talking about Mario forever and ever and ever(I read nothing when I discovered the FF, I joined and posted right away). This was my first thread: http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=5249.0

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 03:18:39 PM »
I came here in March 2002 pretty much just to advertise my Mario computer game. Guess what my first post was. Anyway, I don't remember much about 2002, I prefer not to talk about 2003, I was gone during 2004, and we're in 2005. So I don't have much else to say on that.

This is probably one of the most formal message boards I've ever seen. Perfect spelling and grammar are the norm, crude humor doesn't find any place here, and up until now, the message board structure was VERY simple and straight, with no goodies to be seen. All the rest of my message boards are more informal, and they don't mind my personality, but I'm the bad guy around here! You probably wouldn't get along with many of my other message board buddies any better than you get along with me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 03:21:54 PM by CashCrazed »
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 04:54:49 PM »
When I joined, I expected the FF's to be a pretty cool message board. I wasn't disappointed. Now, I can talk to people around the world....like in Japan! I wonder what rice cakes taste like.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 06:44:30 PM »
 While there were many reasons that I squeezed myself into the Fungi Forums like some sort of stray cat, one of the first and foremost was to help with the link banner contest. Indeed, I enjoyed the message board thoroughly thereafter. While I was never "newbie" sounding, I was awkwardly professional-sounding from the start. In addition, I sounded as if I was unsure whether or not my opinions would be taken seriously. That faded quickly, however.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:47:11 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 10:52:44 PM »
I used to visit the Gamewinners forum for a long while.  But it got boring because the few areas that I visited constantly had idiots posting the same things.  So, I stopped visiting any forums for a while, and got really hooked on little flash games.  While looking for something on GameFaqs, I found a list, kinda like the Mariopedia, where the guy listed all the characters, with thier role in the games they were in, and TMK was sited.

I visited the main site about every day, looking through the games, downloading both of LD's video's(though it took a while for me to realize I had to download the codec to see the picture), and just looking around.  After about 2 weeks, I thought I would look into the forums, see if they were better than any of the previous ones I've been to.  I signed up right away (I don't see the point in just reading without having a name), and made a post in Whats the best SSB name you could think of.  Like many of the people have said, I had less than perfect grammar, but I tried to improve it quickly.

For the most part, I didn't, and still don't, post too much.  One tihng I thought was nice was when in Game Help, LD complemented my name...odd, I know, but I thought "cool, I chose a good name". 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 01:48:27 AM »
I thought I'd get banned right away for being immature, or something like that. I just slipped in, and didn't really make an introduction unless you count that one in Y-Rex's thread which I made when I was becoming settled in. I've never had a topic closed, which I'm pretty happy about, and I was always kinda formal. This is my first forum, and not many others have this kind of atmosphere. I also remember trying to make a TMK fangame without Deezer's permission (how dumb was I back then?), but I ended up using it's storyline to write Mario and TMK Unite, one of my best fanfics ever. The sequel didn't really hit off, but, the first one had a good ending (or so I thought). TMK has really improved my writing skills, allowing me to get truckloads of positive reviews from fanfiction.net, not to mention getting an A+ for a Moses story I wrote. TMK's also introduced me to message board,s and I'm now comfortable in message boards. Thanks, TMK!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 04:30:56 PM »
I like the jon "Yay!" In your firt post, TEM.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 07:57:21 PM »
I came to TMK not long after I first obtained home internet access in spring of 2002.  I remember coming here to find information on the cartoon shows (possibly from a search engine?).
I waited well until 2 years later to join Fungi Forums as 'marioseeker'
When this board was re-opened with the SMF software, I deleted 'marioseeker' and registered this name.  The previous name made me feel trollish after awhile.

ottermi619,
I either wish my life away too fast or want to go back in time

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 09:07:18 PM »
I joined the FF in early October 2004.  Then I neglected it, and started coming to #tmk later that month.  Some (such as Vidgmchtr) remember the confusion as I came by the night of a lunar eclipse, and TEM was playing on his name with TheEclipsedMoon that night.

I came in search of boredom relief, and I did not find it!  >:(  But after a while things seemed less boring, and I could at least tolerate being on all day.  Soon after, I observed #tmksgiving and #tmkmas, neither of which could get me out of school.  I moved back to my hometown, and did some more stuff, and eventually took over the actual site using a password cracker but always making sure never to tell Deezer.  He soon figured out what was going on by the adding of "Eclipsed Moon rules!" to tmk.css.  We laughed about it for varying lengths of time, and we never spoke about it ever again.

Print