Print

Author Topic: Are Mario Games, Getting Easier? Or Are We Just Getting Better?  (Read 12804 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »
My point was that the games aren't actually any easier. I didn't say I could beat New Super Mario Bros. in 10 minutes. I could beat it pretty quick if I tried, but yeah.
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »
My point was that the games aren't actually any easier. I didn't say I could beat New Super Mario Bros. in 10 minutes. I could beat it pretty quick if I tried, but yeah.

Ahh, I get your drift...

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »
I managed to get 100 percent in Yoshi's island advanced without dying once.

Granted it took alot of reseting(too many to count) and memorization of levels. But it was all worth it to see the game tell me I'm the first yoshi on yoshi's island.

P.S. Just yesterday, I finally beat Metroid: zero mission on hard mode with only 15% collection rate!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 02:22:31 PM »
Granted it took alot of reseting(too many to count)
That means you died a lot of times. Cheater. Oh, and "a lot" is two words.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 07:56:38 PM »
That means you died a lot of times. Cheater. Oh, and "a lot" is two words.

GRAMMAR WATCH!

This applies to spelling and grammar as well. Solidshroom makes a valid point, and though I'm not singling out Bird Person for this (As I, many years ago, often did the same) we need to stop harping on the spelling and shorthand usage. This is an online forum, and we're all members, moderator or not. We've got better and more important things to do than be elitist jerks.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:04:17 PM by Boo Dudley »

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 08:09:50 AM »
I think the games are getting easier.  Proof is when you go back to play Mario 1, 2, 3, etc, and notice that they didn't necessarily get 100% easier.  Sure, as we're older we can be more responsive, but there are certain aspects in games that are just *hard*.  With newer games like Mario and Zelda, you can always fall back on asking in the game, or some other type of in game help.  That didn't exist back with the first Zelda.... if you picked the game up after a month or two of absents, and didn't know where to go, you were in big trouble, unless you have a walk through of some type.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »
I don't agree with your statement that some aspects are "just hard". Being more responsive is one thing, but the other thing is memorization, because 99% of the things that happen in, say, the NES Mario platformers happen every single time. And once you memorize whatever happens in NSMB it becomes not hard also, because it's designed the same way.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »
Eh... I beat NSMB when I first got it within 4 days.... or less. Then I beat it again when I got bored like... a week later. I got everything in about 4 hours of playing if i get bored at Meagan's.... then I did it again..... now i'm doing it for the 4th time and in about two hours I've gotten everything everywhere... except World 7 because I hate World 7.

Sunshine I got done in 8 days when I first played it playing about 2 hours or so a day.

MK:DS..... about a day or two to beat all the stuff... then about 3 days on the missions.... guh maybe everything is too easy. They need Lost Levels + NSMB graphics/etc. and that'd be a game right there!
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
A ... rehash game! Really, no graphical improvement is necessary for SMB2J, especially now since there's a Fami-perfect emulation on VC. ROCK
That was a joke.

silverstarman

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »
Eh, I bought sin and punishment instead. Emulators have done a good thing for the world, lol.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2007, 01:08:16 AM »
Like you have to choose! Also, like you couldn't play Sin and Punishment on an emulator!
Anyway, playing on a console on a TV is vastly better than playing on a PC-based emulator. (Even if VC is just a bunch of emulators too.)
That was a joke.

silverstarman

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
Actually, no, I can't. My computer doesn't have enough power to handle N64 games. I can play SMB2J just fine, so there's really no use of paying for a game that I can already play.

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »
I think i'm getting better, everyone else thinks there hard.
Neko = A hot anime chick that's half cat and half human. (SEXY!)

Print