Print

Author Topic: Mario Music!  (Read 6332 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
So um... I was wondering... because i have a little keyboard piano thingy from 1975 that I love playing Mario on from Mario is Missing all the way to Galaxy... what are the notes for the mushroom power up SFX? Hearing it normal speed you're like.... uh... then slowing it down on Mixcraft you're like UUHHH CRAP and I can't tell what's going on... but hearing every individual note slowed down just goes to show how creative Nintendo was in even making that iconic sound... cuz it's cool! Oh yeah, btw, embarrassingly.. I dunno the 1-Up tune. help me out.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »
You're trying to learn to play the Super Mushroom sound effect on piano?

Seriously, go get a life.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »
The 1-Up Mushroom is:

E G E C D G

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:48 PM »
Double post?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
way to mock the sig. yes im trying to.... notes are notes! why not? That little .tymnd or whatever thing i was showed a long time ago with a mario gif playing the piano made me realize you can play it on a piano with no problem so why not try?

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 12:13:50 AM »
No, I think it's great to try.

I'm just saying how can someone who is slowing down a sound effect from Super Mario Bros. to learn the notes that make it and trying to play that on piano tell people to "go get a life."

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 11:03:37 AM »
Here's some Mario music for you!
BAM!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:06:04 PM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
No, I think it's great to try.

I'm just saying how can someone who is slowing down a sound effect from Super Mario Bros. to learn the notes that make it and trying to play that on piano tell people to "go get a life."

Learning to play a new tune means you have no life?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »
The mushroom sound effect can hardly be called a "tune".
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
Sorry to be late, but that sig is old and I haven't changed it in forever so quit dogging on me because I'm jokingly telling people who are obsessed with the message boards to do something besides sit at the comp. Anyway, when you're bored whenever or can't go to sleep why not try? I love Mario SFX! That's why I wanna know.

But yeah, anyway, I just watched the Galaxy "Invincibility & Ice" video. Awesome star music this time around and using the xylophone (I believe) for the power up SFX! Also liked how they changed the 'galaxy original' powering up SFX from previous videos into the actual mushroom power up SFX. Gives it an old school feel!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
Here you go:

I'm not sure how accurate it is, as I know very little about music stuff.

To make it, I used an NSF to MIDI converter
Then I used some online MIDI to sheet music converter thingy.
Hope that helps.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 08:07:15 PM »
It looks about right to me. Except for the tempo.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
Well, thanks for everything, but I figured it out probably about a week or so after I posted that wondering about it. The reason I wanted to learn it was because I can save a melody in the keyboard and speed/slow the tempo of it. I wonder if y'all thought I was an idiot for tryin to learn it because you thought I was gonna play it with super human speed or something. It does sound cool though, and I did figure out what the power down SFX is, also.

I've been tryin' to find this thread and just found it; I have another song question.

Super Mario Galaxy- Rainbow Star- Background Harp or Xylophone or whatever it is..... that's what I want to learn, but I can't isolate it or slow it down to any speed where I can decipher it. For those of you who don't know what part I'm talking about (you should), I'm talkin:

-Not the melody
-Not the bass
-Not the Wing Cap Chorus
-You should obviously hear it clearly in the first two measures of the song before the chorus and bass come in.

Can anyone help?

Print