Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 480712 times)

« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2006, 03:56:19 PM »
Anyone named Morton can't be Bowser's father, because Morton Jr. would have to be Bowser.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2006, 04:13:23 PM »
Well, the "Junior" title is given to the person second to recieve that name.  Morton Koopa could be the first generation, then Bowser Koopa, then Morton II.  Or, bowser could've just named him that to sound cool.  Bowser named one of his kids "iggy"  so I wouldn't put that past him.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2006, 09:44:12 PM »
I once saw this theory saying that Morton and Bowser Jr. were the same person. It actually makes sense, considering how out of all the Koopalings, Morton resembles BJ the most(I still need pics to show you folks though) and Morton was green in SMW, therby ruling out the whole "color difference" thing. Perhaps Bowser named Morton Jr. because he's the oldest and the heir to the throne. Maybe his full name is Morton Bowser Koopa Jr. or "Bowser" is the name given to whichever Koopaling becomes king.

« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »
It's been said Ludwig is Bowser's oldest kid.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #559 on: June 24, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »
I always thought that all the Koopalings are the same age.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:54:24 AM by The Chef »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2006, 10:02:19 PM »
I don't know about you, but I would like to talk about the stars, Star Haven, Star Rod, Star Spirits, anything to do with stars.  I have a bunch of fun things to talk about regarding this topic.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2006, 04:12:25 AM »
All the explanations for the Mario Universe are here:
http://smbis.nescentral.com/fanfics/wanopio/hiaft1.htm

« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »
That sure is a lot of fanfiction.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2006, 08:54:51 AM »
That place even has its own timeline theory.  One that I don't really agree with.
I still think all of the games, with the exception of YI, YI2, YS, PiT(past), and SMRPG, go in the order of their release.
I think SMRPG takes place later on in the timeline because I've heard that Mario and Peach get married at the end (Yay!).  In later RPGs, we see that Mario lives with Luigi.  Even though they were released after SMRPG, I think those events happen before SMRPG.  Wouldn't you think Mario would be living with Peach in the castle after the events of SMRPG?  If I'm way off, it's not my fault my parents wouldn't let me get any video games till I was 12 or 13, and that Square still hasn't ported SMRPG to the GBA or DS.  I'm only going by what I've read on the Internet.
Hmmm Actually, I think my bro-in-law might have SMRPG.  Maybe I could ask him to lend me his SNES and SMRPG.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
OK, the thing about Mario and Peach marrying after SMRPG is completely false. Whoever said that is a MarioxPeach freak that likes to think up the wackiest of fan-theories. As for Luigi, it's not that he wasn't living with Mario, he was hiding out in the instruction booklet and later appears as the leader of the parade.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2006, 10:56:46 AM »
As I said.  I got this information from the Internet.  I don't have anywhere else to get the information since I don't even have a SNES, and Nintendo and Square are taking their sweet time in announcing anything concerning a GBA or DS port of the game.  As for Luigi, I was refering to M&L:SS and PM2.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
Hmmm.  I didn't really like that timeline.  I believe that the Mario games go in order by their release date, with an exception with games like Yoshi's Island etc.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »
I belive that the only games that happen out of release order are:

-Yoshi's Island
-Yoshi's Touch&Go(part of YI)
-Yoshi's Island 2
-Yoshi's Story
-Parnters in Time(The past part)
-Donkey Kong '94(part of he arcade game and tells how Mario got to TMK)
-Donkey Kong Country(The whole series to be exact. It seems logical for this game to happen in the future because Cranky's really old and for a time, it seemed like the only DK in the Mario timeline was the classic one. The only thing impeding this from being an entirly flawless theory is the appearence of the DKC stuff in the recent Mario titles.)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »
Tell me more of this Donkey Kong '94 and Mario getting into the Mushroom Kingdom.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
DK '94 was a Game Boy game that retold the story of Mario saving Pauline from DK.It was about 100 levels long and even featured DK Jr. At the end of the game, there's a cutscene showong Mario and Pauline near a pipe and some ? blocks. She gives him a mushroom and he grows to an immense size and apprehends DK. Most fans think this is how Mario reached the Mushroom Kingdom, considering how the last stage takes place at DK's own private tower(possibly located on DK Island).

EDIT: It's documented on this site. http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/games/gbdk

EDIT MkII: Here's a pretty substantial Wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_%28Game_Boy%29
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:23:14 PM by The Chef »

Print