Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1718431 times)

« Reply #3675 on: December 06, 2007, 04:40:56 PM »
Yes, but if I go there to buy an Invader Zim shirt, then I will have stepped foot inside a Hot Topic. That's against everything I stand for, and even some things I don't stand for.
You can easily ignore what you stand for for a minute or two. When you walk out, you can go back to hating the store.

But in the same vein as you, I don't think Abercrombie and Fitch is a good store. Just walking into one of those makes my skin crawl. I am pretty sure the atmosphere in there is caustic.

I've been in a Hot Topic before, and I don't really mind it, though I've never purchased anything from there.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3676 on: December 06, 2007, 05:02:54 PM »
Going off topic, I have ANGST when people quote the guy that posted just before them.  Unless you're quoting a specific part of a very long post there is no reason to do that.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3677 on: December 06, 2007, 05:44:55 PM »
Yeah, quoting the last post on a page when your post will be on the next page is really awful, man.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3678 on: December 06, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »
I don't have too much of a problem with Hot Topic. If it wasn't for the place, I wouldn't have my Byte Me shirt or my deck of Mario Uno cards (and maybe a few other things too).
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3679 on: December 06, 2007, 07:40:04 PM »
I'm not talking about that WarpRattler.  If you look around the forums you'll see people who quoted the guy directly above them.  It just bugs me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3680 on: December 06, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »
Crooked glasses!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3681 on: December 07, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »
Ya, going to the requisite Hot Topic in any mall my girlfriend and I go to and not buying anything has become almost a tradition. Well, except for last time when she bought a shirt. The other tradition is noticably running away from the requisite Abercrombie. I don't know, any store where you're greeting by a 10x12 foot picture of a shirtless guy with unrealistic muscles kind of scares me.

Actually the two stores I hate are Kohl's and JC Penney. Both due to childhood memories of being stuck in those stores for far too long.

Anyways, right now I have ANGST about job hunting. It seems that qualifications only get you pre-selected for interviews. Actually getting a job offer? That takes either internal connections or the ability to build rapport with the interviewer, neither of which I'm good at at all. The result is dozens of rejection e-mails, letters, and at least one voice mail. Don't get me started on the rhetoric of rejection letters; they are sooooo fake and insincerely flattering and dfkjasifowehjghsdkjvnzxvbsidlugkjeshdfviousdhvjbnsdjfkgds
~I.S.~

« Reply #3682 on: December 07, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »
See The Rat Cellar

Sorry for not reading/responding to your post, IS, I'll read it later. I'm short on time.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #3683 on: December 07, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
They Killed off Asok on Dilbert! Why!?
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #3684 on: December 07, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »
Why kill off any Dilbert characters? Dilbert is such a funny strip! Sure, it's easy to understand someone dying in Funky Winkerbean, but Dilbert?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3685 on: December 07, 2007, 09:36:01 PM »
Who knows? The pointy-haired boss might eventually find that DNA...
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #3686 on: December 07, 2007, 11:53:19 PM »
Well, the author claimed that he would soon kill off one of the characters. So theres a good chance he's not coming back. Unless he's planned on making us think that he was talking about Asok but really he's gonna bring him back and kill off someone else to surprise us.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #3687 on: December 08, 2007, 01:21:49 AM »
Meh, Asok never really did anything for me, I'd care more if it was Wally or any other original.

Also, aside from having a weekend of workload to look forward to, I'm not so eager for Christmas break. I don't know why either, considering I love Christmas and the two weeks off from school. Maybe something's wrong with me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #3688 on: December 08, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
Asok was reincarnated as a giant talking snickers bar with a face....

« Reply #3689 on: December 08, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
Ummmmmmmm... kay.

Print