Print

Author Topic: tmnt fans will be happy  (Read 13511 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2002, 06:30:17 PM »
 Ha ha, you kids are even more resourceful than I thought, I guess I have misjudged you two. You guys have a great attitude towards other people, and make sure you never change it. Trust me, you'll meet people who'll get under your skin, and make fun of you for no reason what so ever, it may even seem like I do it to people, but with your attitude, I don't think you guys will have any problems at all.

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2002, 07:17:20 PM »
Yeah, if people try to make fun of me for loving the Turtles as much as I do, it doesn't really bother me in the least.  All I know is I'm better than they are because I've found myself (for the time being, anyway), and they can go eat poo out of Rocksteady's poohole for all I care.
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2002, 02:06:35 PM »
OOOoooOOOooooooOOOO!!

black mage, how old are you?
i'm fifteen and haven't really come across what you're talking about

back to the turtles
what turtle movie do you like best?
i think the tmnt II secret of the ooze is the best
the first one was too dark and the third was... too bad

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2002, 06:50:21 PM »
 Well, I'm 17, but I had expericenced what I was going on about when I was about 14-15. I guess you just come from a better place than me. Heh...

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2002, 07:21:28 PM »
#1 was #1!  The first one, in my opinion, was the best.  I like the Turtles in any shape or form they decide to come in, whether it be movies, comics, games, toys, stickers, cartoons, etc., etc.  However, I'm gonna have to say that the one medium that was my favorite was the original Mirage comic book series.  It had perfect balance- the storyline was the original, the Turtles' characters were done properly, there was a perfect blend of twists, humor, and action, and last but not least, every other character wasn't a mutant (this really ticked me off about the Archie series, as wonderful as it truly was).  Therefore, the first movie was my fave, since it was very close to the original Mirage series.  Certainly, a few things were backwards (it was CASEY's grandma's house in Massachusetts, not April's; LEO got the crap beaten out of him, not Raph; etc., etc.) but all in all, this movie was extremely close, and has been called the closest comic-to-movie adaptation ever.  The second movie was good, too, but it didn't feel as much like the original, and it didn't feel as much like a real movie.  It was nuts, and that's what I love about it.  As for the 3rd?  It wasn't all that bad... the plot was the most original of the three.  So it did have a good plot, only... it was poorly executed.  They could have done a lot more with it.  They had all the original actors and voice actors back except for April, who was still played by Paige Turco (Judith Hoag was WAY better! What were they thinking?), and yet they just spouted one-liners the whole time.  That was my problem with the sequels- there was no communication, only one-liners.

Thank you for your time.

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2002, 02:06:12 PM »
which april was which?

the 3rd was a good idea in a bad way
personally, i think they should have stayed away from time travel
also i liked don's voice better in the second one, it sounds nerdier, which is what don is

does anyone know of a video store chain that sells super nintendo video games?
i want a tmnt game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2002, 08:14:27 PM »
6 publishers are all competing for the right to make NEW TMNT GAMES!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2002, 09:06:47 PM »
YEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!! NEW GAMES!!! NEEEW GAMES!!!! YAY!!! LIKE TOTALY RAD MAN!!! Um,I hate to be the bringer of Bad news,but the new series,Movie is supposedly Returning to it's "Darker" roots. Meaning no more 70's phrases....no more " Rad Mikey lets Get Shellin'!!" no more.... " Ahh I'm about to get Shell Shocked! Leo Toss me a Katana!!" no more "Wicked! I'm totally in Raph!!" Boohoo......Ah well You guys have the Official TMNT site BookMarked Right? That's a good site I need to get a Hold of some TMNT manga.......

Boomo arigatou gazaimash ita! and have a nice day!

and to make this sig even hideosely longer:I have joined http://megaman.retrofaction.com/  Forum under the name "Unknown-X".  
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2002, 03:39:09 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

but how can they not say 'bodacious' 'tubullar' 'radical' and most important 'COWABUNGA!!!'

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2002, 06:15:24 PM »
Kowabunga!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2002, 06:30:01 PM »
"Cowabunga" is the first thing Laird wanted to get rid of, that and pizza.  The reason is and has always been that these turtles aren't from California, so why should they have valley accents?  There's no surfing in New York.  As for the darker roots, that certainly isn't a bad thing.  Now all the mainstream fans of the commercialized version will get to see what the turtles would have been like if they hadn't been kiddified.  Not that the whole commercialization was a bad thing... if it weren't for this, Eastman would still be a lobster cook, and Laird would be a freelance illustrator... that, and I would have never heard of the turtles!!! Total suckage!

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2002, 11:56:25 PM »
Kowabunga! and PIZZA TIME!! Are what make the turtles TURTLES!!!!!!!!

Mikey: Bodacious man,I'lll never stop talkin' in RADICAL 70's phrases!!

Raph: I GEWT THE LAST SLICE OF PIZZA!!!!

Don: IT'S MINE PIPE BRAIN!!!

*the two engage in mortal Kombat for the pizza*

Leo: *sigh* why don't you guys try Meditating? Hey.....is the Peanut Butter and Squid?!! IT'S MINE!!!

*The three wrestle for the Pizza*

Shreeder: HAHAHAAA!! I have kidnapped Splinter!!

Mike:(mouth full of Bean & Broccoli Pizza) Mmm? *Gulp* You got a splinter? Did you try to pull it out with tweasers?

Leo: MASTER SPLINTER!!! C,mon gang let's get Shellin'!!

*The Four whip Shredder's @ss in a gruesome Battle*

Shredder: Noooo!!!

TMNT: KOWABUNGA!!

Splinter: You have fought well,my sons. Let's go home and have some Pizza.

Mike: I want Jelly Icecream Fudge!!

Leo: I want brussel sprout SPAM Bean!!

Don: Extra cheese and Onions!!

Raph: BUT NO ANCHOVIES!!!

Aaaah TMNT at it's finest!!

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2002, 01:12:20 PM »
i guess that is weird that they are in new york and talk like californians...but i like that!
why get rid of pizza, man?

also, i think they're 80's phrases, not 70's

i wish i had a party wagon

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2002, 07:16:05 PM »
I dunno why he wants to get rid of pizza, but it's probably because it wasn't in the original series.  Pizza was added when Archie created their TMNT Adventures Series, in order to identify with teenagers.

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2002, 09:56:14 PM »
Well don't Blame me I'm not THAT old....I was only born in 1987.....Hey I think I'll ask my Mom....

Mikey: So Raph you finally got a date with Mona Lisa?

Raph: *Blush* I DID NOT!!!*Impales Mike*

Print