Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44583 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
"everybody"
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
I am part of the everyone.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
I've always found that the Koopalings each have their own unique charm, while Bowser Jr. is nothing more than a dimwitted Bowser clonewhose character traits were clihed before he was even invented. Better yet, his very creation has thrown the Mario canon ever more out-of-wack
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
A NSMB2 would be great if it had a map design similar to SMW, power-ups and level design of SMB3, and difficulty of the japanese SMB2.  Also Luigi should play differently than Mario and the Koopalings should return.  And throw in GIga Bowser as a secret final boss and I'd be one happy man.
Victory... is my destiny!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 06:51:10 AM »
difficulty of the japanese SMB2. 

Not that it should be as easy as NSMB, but... come one, man!  I couldn't even finish SMB2J.  A difficulty around the level of SMW would be appropriate, IMO; you can do as little or as much as you want in terms of completion.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »
Okay, maybe that would be a little too intense.  But yeah, they should make it harder than NSMB.  They should add something similar to those secret levels in SMW that have the difficulty SMB2J.  And make the bosses harder, most bosses in the Mario series have been total pushovers.  (SMG Bowser, I'm looking at you!)
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
Difficulty of SMB2J would be a definite improvement. I'd like to see 2-P co-op play (possibly even by wi-fi if on the DS)  I'd be happy to see the return of every item from SMB3, NSMB, and SMW (perhaps sans the Frog Suit), and a lot of Yoshi action (with at least the original four colors). I'd also like to see eight normal worlds (Koopalings + Bowser) plus a couple of harder secret worlds a la Star and Special Zones, and lots of possible path options. (like the two bridges in World 3 + 4 of SMW)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
Come on people!  SMB2J difficulty would be murder on the current audience that Nintendo reaches out to.  Not a good thing to do from a business standpoint.   A good selling game's difficulty level would be placed at a select medium that satisfies both parties.  Give long time gamers a challenge, but don't make it so frustrating that it'd be a turnoff for newer less experienced gamers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
That's why SMW was perfect: it was fairly easy to beat Bowser and rescue the princess.  But if you wanted to get all the exit goals and dragon coins, it was a whole different story.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 02:48:14 AM »
- They all look different.
So?  SMB3 and SMW wouldn't have been any worse with the bosses being 7 stick figures that looked exactly alike.

I got really sick of seeing Bowser Jr's ugly mug, back in Super Mario Sunshine, and have never liked the monstrosity. Ever. Why does Nintendo keep using characters everybody hates??
I never saw Navi after Ocarina of Time.  Everyone hated her.  Oh, and what about the dog from Duck Hunt?
(although I'm just as lost as you are on Waluigi)

In Bowser Jr.'s case, it's probably due to the fact that it's easier to develop one character than it is seven.  And he takes up a lot less screen time than seven koopa kids.  Sure, there's not a whole lot of character development in the Super Mario games, but it does exist, especially since technology has advanced to a point in which more storytelling can occur.

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »
That's why SMW was perfect: it was fairly easy to beat Bowser and rescue the princess.  But if you wanted to get all the exit goals and dragon coins, it was a whole different story.

I never found any levels but Tubular, Outrageous, and at one time Star World 5 difficult at all. A slightly harder game would be nice, if not SMB2j difficulty.  Granted, SMB2j difficulty can be taken multiple ways. I wouldn't want it as hard as, say, worlds A-D. Every time I play world C, I end up wanting to slam my controller on the ground.

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
I can't recall having that much trouble with SMB2j except for those levels with super springs that would launch you off the screen. I just thought it was plain sadistic to have a completely empty level save for some tiny platforms with springs on them.

As for NSMB it was a bit too easy but the real problem was the boss fights really. Just seemed a little uninspired to me (with a few exceptions). And what's up with not being able to play co-op in the main adventure? That would have been awesome.

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 04:19:50 PM »
I can't recall having that much trouble with SMB2j except for those levels with super springs that would launch you off the screen. I just thought it was plain sadistic to have a completely empty level save for some tiny platforms with springs on them.

As for NSMB it was a bit too easy but the real problem was the boss fights really. Just seemed a little uninspired to me (with a few exceptions). And what's up with not being able to play co-op in the main adventure? That would have been awesome.

This.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »
Is that another way of QFT-ing?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Man, I always thought the super spring levels were fun. And not too hard to judge where you'd come down.
That was a joke.

Print