Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog  (Read 3442 times)

« on: November 20, 2005, 09:35:18 PM »
I got this game yesterday, and I like it. As you probably know, Shadow the Hedgehog is a good bit different from the other 3-D Sonic-related games, since the main character is Shadow (duh), and the story is a lot darker (the darkness kinda got to me at first, but I'm getting used to it now).

Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to talk here about the storyline, so I'll just post a link for those who don't know a whole lot about the game yet. (In case you don't know what is meant by the "MILD LANGUAGE" mentioned in the rating, I'll warn you that the word "d--n" is said a lot of times in the game, even though it's rated E-10+.)

So far I've gotten to three of the multiple endings.

(SPOILERS)
I got to one where Shadow defeats Eggman and becomes the ruler of the Space Colony ARK,
one where Shadow kills (yes, kills) Eggman and becomes the ruler of the Eggman Empire,
and one where Shadow defeats Sonic and the G.U.N. Commander and uses the Eclipse Cannon to destroy the Earth (that's when you complete only Dark Missions).

Don't worry, though; none of those endings really are supposed to "happen" in the Sonic universe. In fact, the entire game might not be in the same canon as the rest of the series.

So, do you have this game? What do you think of it? Any questions about it?

EDIT: I'm AWFULLY sorry to anyone who may have seen the temporarily supersized spoilers. It was a mistake with font sizing; I meant to make them tiny text, like they are now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:41:30 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:40:06 PM »
If I saw it at the local Blockbuster I'd rent it, but they never have any good games there.

Hm...well, I consider that swear to be pretty mild, though it is pretty weird it was placed in an E10+ game.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:11:13 AM »
Hahahahahaha, supersized spoilers.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »
I read about this game, and it bothered me.
Shadow always seemed like an attempt to cash in on the character's "edgyness".
I've seen videos, of the game, and it doesn't look terrible.
I'll reserve judgement until I actually play the game, I guess.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:19:47 PM »
IGN gave this game a 4.9, which doesn't work well in my favor considering I wasn't interested in the game in the first place and now the score makes it worse than I thought.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 12:44:27 AM »
Bump.

In Australia, STH is rated M15+! Yes, I'm serious, and I'm also outraged! Starfox has a gun, but his game's only rated G8+ (Keep in mind I'm Australian, so the ratings are the same as the movie ratings). Do you think it deserves an M15+ rating?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 11:28:52 AM »
Mr. Wiggles: WHO CARES about what IGN says?

Bump.

In Australia, STH is rated M15+! Yes, I'm serious, and I'm also outraged! Starfox has a gun, but his game's only rated G8+ (Keep in mind I'm Australian, so the ratings are the same as the movie ratings). Do you think it deserves an M15+ rating?
Well, it does have that cuss word in it a LOT. It's not just because he shoots with guns.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 03:15:38 PM »
I would sort of expect Shadow to have a gun, but he shouldn't, for Sonic-type games are geared towards kids.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 04:04:38 PM »
Apparently this one is geared more towards older kids.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 11:09:48 PM »
Mr. Wiggles: WHO CARES about what IGN says?
Well, it does have that cuss word in it a LOT. It's not just because he shoots with guns.

Oh, okay. It's just that Australian ratings are so touchy. :(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print