Print

Author Topic: which secret character fights the strongest in SSBM?  (Read 6254 times)

« on: May 07, 2004, 09:17:43 PM »
 Who does? I mean really, Falco is pretty strong with with the G diffuser, but Fox is faster. Luigi's jump is the farthest, but Pikachu has a pretty similar move, though... Marth has the infinite slash, but Link can hit faster. Roy can counter, but others can to. (Peach/Zelda/Marth/etc.) Young Link has fire arrows, but Link has arrows, just as strong. Am I missing anyone?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:27:40 PM »
Well, you missed all of the strongest moves.  And some of the characters you listed aren't secret characters...
A few examples:
Jigglypuff's nap
Pichu's charged heatbutt
Luigi's uppercut

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 09:55:14 PM »
 I was comparing secret to normall.

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 10:07:59 PM »
Come on down to Norm's Mall of secrets! We've got this month's, last month's, how can these prices get any lower!?!

Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 10:07:59 PM »
Well I suppose Gannondorf's smash up A is pretty powerfull, I used it to beat Master and crazy hand in the 2nd to last event match. Because of the power... Yeah.

Edited by - Popple on 5/7/2004 9:10:18 PM

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 01:14:11 AM »
You guys, uh is everyone alright?

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 5/8/2004 12:14:42 AM

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 07:34:31 AM »
I would have to go with Luigi's Fire Jump Punch... that thing wastes smaller characters on 50% or more. Every time I play as Kirby he sends me flying. I would expect it to be strong since it's one of those harder moves to get off--not just timing or waiting, you have to be accurate and do it in just the right spot.

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 10:28:42 AM »
Who does Mr. Game-and-Watch correspond with?

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 10:31:20 AM »
What do you mean, who does he correspond with?

Oh, and Yoshi's Down Air Attack is capable of inflicting huge amounts of damage if used correctly.

But of course, if it's plain old smashes, grab a Home Run Bat and just KO people at will with that thing.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 11:59:29 AM »
Mr. Game-and-Watch doesn't correspond with any one, he is a one-of-a-kind character.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 03:28:49 AM »
jigglypuff is the best secret charcter
                                  /
damage your foe with ->B then use vB to defete them quickly (jigglypuff is the best to use for event 51)

if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi
if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 01:58:47 PM »
Ganondorf is the strongest secret character in SSBM as the Warlock punch will KO just about anybody in one go (with the probable exception of Bowser). And as for tom ato's comments about jigglypuff's Rest move(B\/)it is terribly hard to pull off (requiring very close contact to the opponent)and if it fails, it leaves jigglypuff open to a potential smash attack.

I am not a complete idiot. There are bits missing.
AA fanboy and proud!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 07:33:03 PM »
When my best friend plays SSBM against me as Jigglypuff, the nap rules all.
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2004, 03:15:44 PM »
Even so, if two equally skilled players are playing each other, one playing as the jigglypuff and the other playing as Ganonorf, the player using ganondorf is more likely to win as ganondorf has greater stamina and needs more damage to be KO'd.

I am not a complete idiot. There are bits missing.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004, 06:41:03 PM »
Well, think of the secret characters...

Dr. Mario, Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game-and-Watch, Marth, and Roy.

The "power hitters" are Ganondorf, Roy, and Dr. Mario (enough), and Young Link (enough), and Mewtwo.

The "speed players" are Pichu, Jigglypuff, Falco, and Marth (though still strong).

Mr. Game-and-Watch is a little of both, and is somewhat unpredictable, respectively...

And Luigi is pretty much right in the middle.

Now, you take a slew of experience gamers and have them match these secret characters against each other, the power characters are going to win on a small stage, the speedy characters will probably fair better in more open range.

But a character like, say, Luigi, who is well-rounded, has a chance to win anywhere. He's quick but also has very strong attacks, like his Fire Jump Punch.

In my opinion, Luigi, like Mario, has the greatest chance of winning amongst the other characters, because he's so well-rounded and versatile.

Of course, I'm not biased at all...

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God." -Robert Frost, "Bereft"
Kickin' it since 2000.

Print