Muslim
1 (1.8%)
Other (Please Explain)
9 (16.4%)
Atheist
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: What's Your Religion?  (Read 130983 times)

« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »
The Big Bang has 43976926309709304660298x the amount of evidence to suspect it might be true than all religions ever combined.

Most of it is physics that 99% people don't know or understand.

Go to college, kids (not church).

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »
Evidence. Now.

Yeah and clearly I don't go to college because I'm a Christian. gg lizard dud.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »
If you're this enlightened, superior intellectual then why can't you realize this concept that the Bible isn't literal?

...because a lot of die-hard Christians themselves can't either?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »
Well, you're gonna have to disseminate that evidence for me Lizard Dude. That goes beyond my training as a politician. though from I gathered, two of those are only theories. The other ones are laundry lists of convoluted mathematics which don't mention anything about the big bang. You'll have to explain it to me if you really wanna debate it. Otherwise, I dunno what to tell you.

...because a lot of die-hard Christians themselves can't either?

But atheists denounce Christians for doing that. That's hypocrisy city right there. You can't call them stubborn for doing so when atheists themselves do it just as often.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:46:37 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
Redshift is easy enough to understand, and it's pretty darn good evidence.

And shut the heck up about hypocrisy. Everyone is a hypocrite.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »
I'm an agnostic Christian.  I believe in God, I went to Sunday School when I was growing up, but in my opinion, the existence of one or more deity can be neither proven nor disproved.  I like to keep an open mind when it comes to spiritual and religious beliefs.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:41 PM »
I am not religious at all. I have never been to church. Never! If ever I did, chances are I would be lying about my religion to get votes for something I am trying to get elected to. But me running for any government position is as likely as me going to a class about business today and the economy because I thought it would be interesting.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »
I'm a Methodist (earlier I said I was a Christian of no particular denomination). I'm closeted about my faith around other people at college, even though I shouldn't be.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »
I may have mentioned this before, but since we're talking about it again. Protestant, don't know what denomination, unless E.Free counts. Lean more Calvinist than Arminian, but not sure how many points.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »
I'm more Sagan/Einsteinian than Protestant.  That is, I am a humanitarian who believes in a God, but has little faith in a 2000-year-old book or religious authority. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
I am now an agnostic. ShadowBrain, Glorb, The Chef, Lizard Dude...I'm joining the "atheist/agnostic team," so to speak.

I cannot bring myself to suspend my reason any longer. Faith is nice to have until it interferes with reality. There's simply not enough evidence to prove God exists. Does that mean God doesn't exist? Not in my opinion, but I'm tired of putting my faith in (like Luigison said) a 2,000-year-old book/religious authority. Religion breeds a lot of hate and I'm tired of being associated with it. I just want to love without dogma getting in the way.

Until something or someone proves me otherwise, I am going to remain skeptical about God's existence. I'm not going to be militant about my agnosticism, but I will (respectively) disagree with men/women of faith. 

Now...someone tell me I'm going to hell! :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:54:03 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
Welcome to using your brain.

« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »
It feels pretty [darn] good too. For the first time in my life I do not have to fear anything. It's quite liberating.

« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:23 PM »
I think there are still things you should fear.

Print