Print

Author Topic: The First Post Topic  (Read 16578 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »
Yeah, we're not a garage sale. Also we sell them. And people buy them. Because they're hot items that people want. Me, I got my SNES for free.
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »
My dad got it new from a store, not a garage sale.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »
Systems get cheap when they're almost dead. Then they get rare and expensive. Or not. SNES is leaning toward the "rare" side though. I was talking about a garage sale in the present, not the past.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
"This is where you tell about the first time you ever beat a video game.  You can say how good it felt. Unless it was a lousy ending.
The first Mario game I ever beat was Super Mario World. I like doing that code that makes Mario walk like a drunken guy."

xbox fears Mariomania, Brother!

Yes, I found it.  Boy do I sound like a little kid..."I like doing that code that makes Mario walk like a drunken guy."  Also, this whole post is as generic as it gets.  Oh, and about the signature...I was a huge fan of wrestling up until last year, when I got too busy to watch.  I had all sorts of Mario/wrestling sigs: "Mario Mania will live forever," "Mariomania is still runnin' wild," "Whatcha gonna do, Bowser, when Mariomania runs wild on you?" and so on and so forth.  And it's a wonder how I never made Mario into a Hulk Hogan like figure in my SSB: WWE Style story.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »
Actually, this is my first post, in a thread following the announcement of the GBA SP:

I got a worm light too. It burned out in a few months. Just wait till around December, when it should be around $50, and see if the store'll let you trade. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying 3 worm lights a year.

"Who says cat hair is hard to vacuum? Course, it helps if it's still on the cat"

I joined, made one post, forgot my password, and didn't re-register with this account until 3 1/2 years later. Don't remember where I got that sig from.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »
Not that it was that long ago, but:

Hello!  I'm Turtlekid1 (as indicated by my username :P).  Before the name generates any misunderstandings, Turtlekid has been my nickname since before I played Mario games; I actually like Mario better than any koopa. I'm sure I'll enjoy being here!

PS: I enjoy video games and slightly overcooked lasagna (just another coincidence, I swear).

Am I the only one whose first post was in the introduction thread?  Or am I just a n00b?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:28 PM »
Hi, everybody. Some of you already know me from the chatroom.

Also I just noticed that in my third post I said "warted" instead of "wanted."
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
I didn't know that DK: Jungle Beat was really DDR Mario Mix!

Heh, in all seriousness, you got the wrong SS on the maDDRio page. Just letting y'all know.

I was letting Deezer know he accidentally uploaded or source coded to a wrong picture, apparently. I don't even remember posting this, nor many of the ones that followed.....
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
People, here's the deal. When you perorder Super Mario Galaxy, you go to the store to pick it up (duh). If you preordered it before they said you get the free coin, you still get the free coin. And you pick it up with the game. If your having it delivered to your house (like myself) then I don't know.

This I remember posting and I think it was the only reason why I joined. I had been going here for a WHILE! And then I found the forums. It was actually not that noobish then I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:40:44 PM by luigalaxy »

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »
Quote from: Had-yet-to-learn-the-value-of-punctuation Robert
The first mario game I've ever played was super mario advance,however,that was only a rental.And I didn't get far. The first mario game I've ever owned was sma2.Or maybe it was sms... I know for a fact sms was my first mario console game I owned. I beleive I heard of mario prior to the release of sma.

Yup, made on that faithful July 28th of '06. I had been lurking for quite a while at that point, since 2004 or maybe even 2003. I made a post introducing myself in the Hopeful topic a little later. Man, it feels like yesterday...
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 12:48:34 AM »
When I joined, I just acted like I'd always been here.

The great thing about the graphics is this: The characters are supposed to be flat, so there's not a possibility of the polygon-ness. Plus, I loved the battle music. I thought the only thinbg missing from the original Paper Mario was a little yoshi as a partner. There you go!

I was pretty stupid back then, not so much in grammar neglect as much as just overall twelve/thirteenishness, having been prepubescent and all. I might even be pretty stupid right now. You don't know these things unless someone tells you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 01:30:48 AM »
You've always been smart and clever for your age. That's why you have such a low Luck stat.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
I prefer stache.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »
His Stache stat has gone up and down.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
I repeatedly told him not to shave it. I guess he doesn't enjoy discounts in shops.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print