Print

Author Topic: Urban Champion remake  (Read 5435 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:22:22 AM »
According to <a href="en.wikipedia.org/April_Fools_Day">this IGN article[/url], Nintendo has announced that it is remaking the highly-acclaimed NES classic Urban Champion as Urban Champion: Xtreme Brawl EX QD, a fighting/party game for the Wii. Although no screenshots have been released, and plot details are scarce (although an interview of the game's director, Yuji Kojiamoto, suggests it will be set in Spain), it has been revealed that unlockables characters include Shen Long, Sonic and Tails. Apparently, gameplay will be a sort of cross between Lumines and SSBM, with an aiming system similar to Splinter Cell. Hopefully, it won't turn out like that Ice Climbers FPS remake.

<a href="en.wiktionary.org/gullible">Here's[/url] Nintendo's official press release.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:11:33 AM »
LOL... not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »
Ugh, I hate Aprils Fools Day.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:18:04 AM »
I have a feeling there will be a lot of threads like this today.

Glorb, your URLs are broken. They give away the joke even faster than reading your first post.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »
Aaaawwwwwww crap. Crap crap crap crap. I'd been planning this for YEARS! Stupid HTML.
every

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »
Haha. This is why April Fools Day is pointless. You spend years trying to come up with something awesome, and it backfires.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »
That's a pretty weaksauce argument considering you're only using Glorb as an example.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
That would have been funny if the HTML didn't fail. So funny.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
omg omg omg i hope its like dead or alive so i can see hot chicks in bikinis fighting each other ^_^
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »
That's a pretty weaksauce argument considering you're only using Glorb as an example.

Looks like I got you with my own April Fools, because I actually love the holiday.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »
Glorb: Use the brackets. The brackets!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »
Hmm...looking back on this horrible failure that shall haunt me for years to come, it has inspired me to create an even better one next year, one so foolishly awesome that even I'm afraid to even contemplate how awesome it will be.
every

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 07:07:26 PM »
A mix of HTML and BBCode. Good job, Glorb. :D

I also like how you didn't even attempt to edit your post after posting it. Methinks you didn't even care to LOOK at the thread once you posted it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 07:35:45 PM »
No, the board automatically converts recognized HTML to BBCode. Problem is, Glorb incorrectly used the HTML.
<a href="en.wikipedia.org/April_Fools_Day">this IGN article[/url]
URLs in the <a> tag require an http:// in front of them. Also, there are not supposed to be quotation marks. The board software recognized
Code: [Select]
</a> and converted it to [/url]. The proper code would have looked like this:
Code: [Select]
<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fool's_Day>this IGN article</a> (he also forgot the /wiki/ and the apostrophe)

Glorb, remember this for next year. I hope it works then.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
Hmm...looking back on this horrible failure that shall haunt me for years to come, it has inspired me to create an even better one next year, one so foolishly awesome that even I'm afraid to even contemplate how awesome it will be.

Yyyeah. Now that you said that, we're expecting an april fools thread from you next year.

Print