Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 134899 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
The Titty Twister bar is full of vampires and Quentin Tarantino turns into one.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
Is the importance of spoiler tags connected to how old a spoiler is or how important? 'Cause I figured that, in the gaming community at least, the climax of SM was kind of on par with Aerith's death in FFVII in terms of notoriety even to those who haven't played the game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
I don't think anything is as notorious as FFVII.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »
I don't think anything is as overrated as FFVII.

Except maybe Ico.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
^ Wrongest post ever.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
I already knew about the Super Metroid thing but what if I didn't man? That could have been a disaster. Anyway Aerith's death was crap in terms of shock in Final Fantasy games. In Final Fantasy VI I was much more saddened by the loss of Cid because I actually had a choice in the matter. Also, same goes for Shadow. I can't believe I let Shadow die. Who cares about that flowery attention whore in FFVII anyway? And don't even get me started on how Kefka actually destroys the whole world.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2009, 04:42:41 AM »
I like how people will act as if the entire plot of FF7 revolves entirely around Aerith dying. With the attention it recieves you'd think the whole game was just a big 90-minute FMV loop of Aerith getting impaled by a six foot tall prettyboy.

And maybe I should rephrase, Chup. FF7 and Ico are among the most overrated games of all time. That honor goes to Psychonauts. The only attanetion this game ever recieves is "OH GOD WHY DID NOT MORE PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAEM YOU ARE ALL HEATHINS", and it recieves a lot of it. A disproportionate amount, considering it was little more than a well-written comedy platformer with copious attempts at "weird" humor. So I guess the list's actual order is

1. Psychonauts
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Beyond Good & Evil
4. Ico

And these are all games that I like (except for FF7)
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2009, 07:51:42 AM »
I don't really want to play FF7, actually, but I do have Psychonauts and Ico, both of which were very good. I've yet to get BG&E, though.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
BG&E is really the only game on that list of mine that truly lives up to its hype (or hype over its lack of hype). It's an excellently written, very atmospheric open-world-ish platformer-ish action game with an intelligent conspiracy-driven storyline. It also manages to be not ridiculous despite the cartoony graphics and talking animals walking around.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
There's a "Overrated Games" thread of some sort, right?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Glorb gives BG&E a glowing review and still says it's overrated? What
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2009, 09:43:55 AM »
Well, it recieves the wrong kind of attention. Instead of people saying "OMG you should play this game it's awesome", they say "OMG you should play this game because no one else has and it's like we're in a secret club".
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
Okay, I've never encountered saying #2. And not for Ico or Psychonauts either.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2009, 10:32:28 AM »
The vast majority of press related to Ico, BG&E, and Psychonauts is how "underrated" the games are, which goes toward making these games look like enormous triumphs of artistry when all they are is just very good examples of their respective genres. And all the hype about FF7 is pretty much related to the "impact" the game had on the games industry, and Aerith dying. Pretty much the only reason people gush about these games is to gain artsy gamer cred on forums. It's the same reason people still pat themselves on the back for liking Citizen Cane.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
It's died down a bit lately, but just a couple years ago you couldn't go to any gaming-related website without hearing every last guy there going on about how horrible it was that no one had ever heard of BG&E, even though everyone had heard about it already from everyone else.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print