Print

Author Topic: Classic quotes from forum members  (Read 182315 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #645 on: April 16, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Didn't somebody already suggest that, and we decided that's about  90% of this thread anyway?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #646 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
It's splitting hairs. Nobody cares except for people who are just dyin' to complain about something. Heck even Lizard Dude has posted bits that I can only guess came from SGEO. I did one that came from StackSmash but since Jim and I were in it, it works
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #647 on: April 16, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
The bigger problem is with people posting things that aren't funny at all.

« Reply #648 on: April 16, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »
This is Classic quotes. They don't neccesarily have to be funny.

I agree with you though and am guilty of posting unfunny things in this thread too some of which I am about to change.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #649 on: April 16, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »
Yeah but the thread isn't generally used for "classic quotes" anyway 'cause c'mon, what does that even mean on an internet forum
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »
Hey, it's an old thread, I can excuse the debatable name. What I can't excuse is streams of chat room transcripts that fall flat.

Come to think of it, with those new monthly poster awards nominees threads helping people keep track for post of the year, this thread might just go out of business.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Unless someone decides we need some sort of IRC year-end awards, no, not at all. #tmk quotes have been the primary use for this thread since the start.

Again, the main issue is that people simply aren't posting funny quotes. Things like these:
Yeah, I was fairly involved in this one, but I still like how it ended:

<Androu1> Miyamoto said they were working on Pikmin 3
<Kuromatsu> Banjo Threeie is going to come out guys I can feel it
<GunvenomMalice> they're not saying anything
<GunvenomMalice> just to bug you androu
<CommodoreJim> then one day they're release it once you have given up video games forever
<CommodoreJim> And you'll cry
<ShadowBrain> I picture him dying in a bed ala 2001, and there appears Pikmin 3 at the foot of the bed.
<WarpRattler> And then a space fetus.
<ShadowBrain> DUUUN
<ShadowBrain> DUUUUUUUN
<Androu1> Did that 2001 have lotsa swearing?
<ShadowBrain> DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
<Androu1> 2001 thing*
<WarpRattler> DUN DUN
<ShadowBrain> (^ No, it did not)
<WarpRattler> *bom bom bom bom bom bom booom booom*
<ShadowBrain> DK as the monkey throwing a bone makes more sense than it should.
<Androu1> Then it's not possible to picture me in such a situation

Also, this:

<CommodoreJim> Hey this chick is dual-wielding revolvers
<CommodoreJim> Oh look this girl has one of those Jill mine controle redthings on her chest
<Androu1> Even my dick can dual-wield revolvers so I don't see why this important
Or the first two quotes on this page, which (while containing varying degrees of humor) don't involve (current) forum members.

Or this:
<+Toad> !d100
<Mushroom_Boy> Toad rolls a 1

Relevance: everyone was using this dice game to try and get down to 1 in the least amount of rolls (rolls being using the trigger).
Or especially this bit of postcount++, which got posted twice:
<bobbysq> Hi
[no response]
<bobbysq> :(
Disconnected

We need more good quotes. Things with actual humor value, like so:
* bobman37 changes topic to 'R.I.P. MegaUpload (2005-2012) | October 4: RAGE | blobman: http://www.yourethebest.around | Welcome back Lizard Dude!'
<Lizard_Dude> That URL doesn't work
<bobman37> that's weird
<bobman37> I was told no one was ever gonna take it down
<EclipsedMoon> It's too bad bobman37's already got the highest rank possible at the moment because I'd upgrade him for that [dukar].
Or these:
<%Ventricle> what about when people "ship" two characters who are officially a couple?
<+Longhena> That's not shipping. Anyone who refers to it as that is a moron.
<%BP> That's handling
<+CommodoreJim> Ahaha, wow, [Mortal Kombat 9]. Way to pull one of THE WORST preorder stunts.
<%BP> "Order now and get your very own FATALITY. Performed live. On YOU."
<+CommodoreJim> Well, Fatalities are part. You get a skin and fatality for a different character based on where you preorder.
<%BP> Wait, I was kidding, they're actually killing their customers?
<+Toad> They have to get the skins somewhere
Or these, which are especially "classic" for featuring a reference to Lizard Dude drinking his pee (which, it should be noted, we're coming up on the third anniversary for this year):
<Lizard_Dude> I was just at the place where I got the buy 2 get 1 free Monster (mentioned in real-time voice chat)
<Lizard_Dude> I looked and the Monster was wiped
<Lizard_Dude> Just wiped
<Lizard_Dude> Maybe one can of the orange kind, nothing else
<Lizard_Dude> except
<Lizard_Dude> Two brimming full rows of MIXXD
<Lizard_Dude> Proof that the public knows the true horror of The Worst Drink Ever Made, Monster MIXXD
<TEM> hah, oh, wiped as in gone
<TEM> I thought it was some weird way of saying something was wrong with them
<TEM> what is the idea of MIXXD?
<TEM> what did they do to make it nasty?
<Lizard_Dude> The text on the can literally says something like, "we had a bunch of leftover flavors sitting around so we threw them all together to make this"
<TEM> ah

<TEM> True Fact: I'm scared to watch The Exorcist
<Lizard_Dude> If you drink some MIXXD
<Lizard_Dude> you won't be scared of anything ever again
<Lizard_Dude> Well, except drinking more MIXXD

<Lizard_Dude> When I drink my own urine in a few days I will be thinking one thing
<Lizard_Dude> "I'm glad this isn't MIXXD"

In conclusion, a lot of people here should be ashamed that they haven't been able to fulfill this post:
Note: Nobody will ever put a not-perceived-to-be-funny-by-anyone classic quote here, and if they did, it would probably not be appreciated, or followed with several "I don't get it"s.
Toad's attempt a few posts ago to justify posting exactly that sort of quote just makes things worse.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #652 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »
Part of it is when folks want, so badly, to be in this thread. And I completely understand that and I don't mean to talk down to the unfunny when I say, it doesn't work that way.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #653 on: April 18, 2012, 06:53:30 AM »
Or this:Or especially this bit of postcount++, which got posted twice:

I don't remember that being a double post. Blame my browser, and sorry.

« Reply #654 on: April 18, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
I'll try to post only the "very funny" things. I didn't realise how annoying it was getting here.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #655 on: April 18, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
There's a beautiful line between very funny and annoy, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #656 on: April 18, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »
New rule: You can not be the one who says the quote that you are quoting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #657 on: April 18, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »
You can't make the rules of funny because you are not funny.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #658 on: April 18, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
See? That is a quote that should make it into this thread.
And I got owned.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #659 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
ECHO! (Raises fist in air)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print