Print

Author Topic: Mario and Luigi is too hard!  (Read 4417 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 04, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
HELP! I got to the last boss in Mario and Luigi (Bowletta, in Bowser's Castle) and I cannot beat her! Please give me some tips on how to beat Bowletta!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:11:49 PM »
This topic should have gone under "game help."

I assume that you can get to part 2 of the battle, right?  If not, then you have no hope.  Part 1 is ridiculously easy.

Anywho, the biggest obstacle in part 2 (the "Cackletta" battle) is the very beginning, when both Mario and Luigi start off with only 1 hp.  YOU MUST NOT GET HIT BY CACKLETTA'S FIRST ATTACK.  Practice, practice practice, and you should be able to avoid her attacks eventually.  She only has a few in the beginning...I think the worst one is the one where she swings her arms around in circle which you have to either jump over or duck under.

Anywho, once you can get past her first attack, the rest of the battle isn't that hard.  Use a super nut to heal both Mario and Luigi, then attack in this order: arms first, then head, then chest.  When the chest is open, bust out your bros attacks like there ain't no tommorrow.  Unless you're REALLY desperate, do not heal until the chest has closed again.  When the chest DOES close, use a super nut if you need to, then start the cycle over again: arms, head, chest.

Toward the end of the battle, Cackletta will bust out some new moves, including an annoying move in which she fires two separate lazers from her eyes at Mario and Luigi.  Watch the eyes, and jump (if you need to) when the timing is right...BEFORE everything freezes.  You can't do anything at all for the one second time period when everything is frozen, but Cackletta won't do anything either (her eyes will not change direction), so the pause is really only included to distract you and throw off your timing for future lazer attacks.

One thing to watch out for is if the head uses the "attack up" move on one of the arms.  If this happens, then that one arm's individual attacks may temporarily be powerful enough to kill you in one hit.  If this is the case, and you are not confident that you will be able to avoid all of that arm's individual attacks, then you should probably attack that arm first to destroy it (unless the chest is open!).

Anyway, these tips are in no way comprehensive, and if you really want help, you should probably look for a walkthrough on the net (gamefaqs.com has some great walkthroughs).  If all else fails, just play better!

This is not a signature.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 04:21:20 PM »
Just equip a Mush Badge AA on both Bros., then run back and buy as many mushrooms as possible. And equip Mario with those pants that allow you first attack (so the 1 HP thing can be remedied immediately), can't remember what they are called.

Insant victory. At least, that is what I did.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:42:40 PM »
Oh man, someone beat me to telling this person they posted in the wrong topic...

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 06:43:53 PM »
Maybe I'm not far enough into it, but so far, Mario and Luigi is the easiest RPG I've ever played.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 11:54:45 PM »
Oh, and one of her hands in vulnerable to fire, the other to thunder.  Her head is vulnerable to both, if you can hit it with either.

Additionally, if it helps, you can watch her eyes while she does the "spinning arms" move; they'll tell you where her front arm'll be.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 06:57:27 AM »
Well, it took me forever to beat Jojora and Chucklissa in Joke's End!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 10:21:24 PM »
That's just sad.

My brain does stupid things when I‘m not looking.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 12:47:03 AM »
My cousin's parents bought the game for him and he's only like 7 and doesn't really understand the mechanics of an RPG, so he hates the game because he can't get past what's-his-face, the star guy in Stardust Fields.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 02:20:16 PM »
Tolastar, I think he was... in stardust feilds... I think...

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 02:28:44 PM »
~Look carefully at the name, and the ID #...  This is not Deezer.

Edited by - Fifth on 4/7/2004 1:39:04 PM
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 02:42:40 PM »
 Indeed. It's a simple use of our friend, the &nbsp tag.

Resourceful, but not very clever.

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 03:25:38 PM »
Insane Steve: I did the exact same thing, only I had 99 'shrooms because I had equipped the shroom pants early in the game and kept using them. Just like you said, instant victory.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 08:11:34 PM »
I just beat the game the other day (I haven't owned it for that long) using the Mush Badge AA plus Shroom Pants strategy. An easy game, yes, but not too easy.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »
Speaking of Mario and Luigi, at jokes end is it possible to kill Jojora or does she just have infinite hp?

Print