Print

Author Topic: It just keeps on getting gayer and gayer...  (Read 5658 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2002, 05:56:48 PM »
www.ign.com

Ultimate Mario site!
WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/FMAN0009/
For all your you need to know (or almost).
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Yes, I am F-Man from TUNMB.
I like this site by the way,
can I?

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2002, 08:16:57 PM »
If you ask me, It's a refreshing change of pace from Mario resucing Peach. It's kina like real life. I mean, getting accused for something someone else did is very realistic, not the "ohmygosh! Bowser-stole-Peach!" plot that's used too much. The new story also has room for humor. like if the impostor had a really cheesy mask made with plastic, and a purpleish-red hat with a weird, wavy "M" on it. and a purple shirt, and blue shoes, and green overalls as his true ID. I LOL thinking it! Remember back with the NES days, when just seeing Mario stomp a Goomba amazed everybody and seeing Mario send Bowser falling through a pit in SMB3 made everyone shout and scream and Laugh. Now everyone is like, "wow... that's sissy work... who wants to see a fat red pluber run around with his skinny green brother anyway?" The good-old NES had great storylines, nicely developed characters, and crappy graphics. Now every wants a game only with good graphics. they don't care if it's about a baby that needs to collect food so it can live in it's treehouse, or if the character likes to eat ostrich for breakfast and hay for dessert. They just care about graphics. I mean it's not bad, but it's how you feel the games. Do they keep you engrossed and wanting more with good stories, or do they just keep you going because of graphics. Think, people are getting harder and harder to impress nowadays. Only us hardcore fans, like all of us at Fungi Forums, look at the gameplay, we still like to see him Run around and collect coins. The Golden Age of Gaming is gone... and we can't retreive it, all... we... can... do... is hold... on to it.........closely. If you still like The NES's and SNES's good gameplay and plots and developed characters, sign here. If you only buy something for it's graphics, say, "I'm the dumbest jerk in the world!" because you truly are.
I'm not saying graphics is bad. as long as they don't sacrifice a good plot or characters, or good gameplay, i like it. Theat's all that I think about with games. I'd even buy some NES games and like them!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2002, 08:20:15 PM »
I agree, good gameplay is the most important thing in a game!!!!!

Graphics are just icing on the proverbial cake.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2002, 02:01:03 AM »
Insane Stevey,you are so correct. I'm gonna buy SMS 'cause it looks cool and I'm sure it won't just be Washing scribbles off walls. What are you expecting to do with those Pirahna Plants and that Giant Bloober in those screenshots? Fight them(Duh) So I'm sure it'll be fun. I think the imoster may be Wario trying to get revenge on Mario.....just a thought.....

Boomo arigatou gazaimash ita! and have a nice day!

and to make this sig even hideosely longer:I have joined http://megaman.retrofaction.com/  Forum under the name "Unknown-X".  
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2002, 02:32:07 PM »
Frostbite, you shouldn't badmouth a game before you've even tried it.

YOSHI!!!
 YOSHI!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2002, 02:43:35 PM »
thanks for the link!

0 0-/< in honor of all our fallen comrades, may they go to a better place >\-0<

Print