Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 678045 times)

« Reply #705 on: November 04, 2002, 09:41:08 PM »
CC I think I speak for everyone when I say SHUT UP!!!! No one cares. This may be called Mario Bar but that does not mean that everyone in here has to talk about Mario. There's only so much you can talk about concerning Mario. As long as everyone in here is having a good time it shouldn't matter.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #706 on: November 04, 2002, 10:00:01 PM »
Ok, let's clarify. I never said I don't like to be criticized. I say I don't want to be flamed.

DIFFERENCE:

Criticizing: I don't think that's a good idea. I think it is pointless, actually.

Flaming: God, You're an idiot for suggesting that. You're even more of a dumb*** than your classmates.

Criticism: Denounces the idea on the table.

Flaming: Denounces the person who made the idea on the table without denouncing the idea itself.

I don't mind criticism. I do mind flaming.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #707 on: November 04, 2002, 10:08:26 PM »
I'm not talking about ONLY Mario! The entire board is in choas, in any subject. I think you speak for only yourself, because other people are complaining about these problems. I guess YOU haven't been shown WHY this is upsetting.oozePosted - 4 November 2002 20:9 PST  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Message
Watch, I'll post as you right now!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 11/4/2002 8:11:12 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #708 on: November 04, 2002, 10:16:23 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm......you're right. This is bad. DEEZER get off youre butt and HELP! Help before we are all posting as each other and this board falls forever into the hands of evil! Oh and when your done with that could you help me Im starting to see evil clowns all over the place...theres one now! Aaagghhhh! Go away I dont want to hug you youll steal my soul!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #709 on: November 04, 2002, 10:31:32 PM »
"The EGM scores for the follwing games:
SMS: 9.5 9.5 9.5
SMA3: 9.5 9.0 9.0
SFA: 8.0 9.0 **4.5!!**"
That's someone's opinion. I don't care if EGM says something. The mass population doesn't know what "quality" is. They say first person shooters are 10s. This seems quite incongruous to me. FPSs are far less intelligent than SFA. SFA is actually a game that takes your brain out for some fresh air, not a game that encourages gratuitous violence. EGM caters to the mass stupidity of the population at large. You, of all people, Steve, should know that.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2002, 10:34:09 PM »
You're right, Ooze.
Also, flaming can not be defined as one sure thing. You. You pointed at me and laughed. And you also denounced my opinion. You did both things you mentioned above. What do you call that? I say you criticized me AND flamed me.
And were you talking about me, Insane Steve? I have no classmates... actually, I know more than anyone I have ever met that was enrolled in public school. I simply seem to have trouble saying things exactly right, so no one will find a way to turn my words against me.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/4/2002 8:47:30 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #711 on: November 04, 2002, 10:38:09 PM »
"Actually, I liked this board better before any secrets were found."
THEN WHY DO YOU USE THEM??

Three more things to Insane Steve:
1. Do you think it matters if some game magazine says a game that I PERSONALLY KNOW is a good game, if they say it's not that great? No, it doesn't matter in the least, because I have firsthand experience with it.
2. How do you know that the third number wasn't on a scale of 5? Do they say specifically that it is a 1-10 scale? On a 1-5 scale, that would be about 9.7, transposed to a 1-10 scale.
3. Do you actually think I even CARE what you say to or about me? HA! No, of course not! You seem to think that words have some significance! But when they contradict something someone knows for a fact, they have no meaning. That is why you are AFRAID to get a GameCube.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/5/2002 12:08:53 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #712 on: November 04, 2002, 11:05:17 PM »
I need bigtime help on Link to the past.

I'm trying to get that one heart piece where you have to go south of the village in the Dark World, and dig the field.  It's impossible for me!  I don't even know how I got it in my old file!

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #713 on: November 04, 2002, 11:09:32 PM »
Hmm. I've never even gotten that far.
That was a joke.

« Reply #714 on: November 05, 2002, 06:32:30 AM »
Hello everyone!I have the worst website ever but I'm working on a new one!Who wants to do the Mario section?

And then they split into two
one good,one evil.That is how Bearfrog and Tanas were formed.And Xtal was became BearFrog''s enemy.GrimSack raised BF in his sick way and the legend continues...

Edited by - Tanas on 11/5/2002 4:38:35 AM
one good,one evil.That is how Bearfrog and Tanas were formed.And Xtal was became BearFrog''s enemy.GrimSack raised BF in his sick way and the legend continues...

« Reply #715 on: November 05, 2002, 06:44:50 AM »
Never mind

Edited by - Greg on 11/5/2002 4:47:16 AM
I am the guardian of the forests,I am the guardian of the swamps.I am half Bear,half Frog.

BearFrog a.k.a. Greg

« Reply #716 on: November 05, 2002, 03:02:00 PM »
No one liked my quote this week. It shall happen no longer. I think I may cry.

-------
It''s not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it''s a matter of common sense. :(

« Reply #717 on: November 05, 2002, 06:45:37 PM »
And the being of pure evil Tanas was sent
to be imprisoned in hell for all eternety.
But FATE saw it fit for him to escape and become a being of good.Instead of being trapped in the dimension of evil all he had to do is study math every night.That is
why I'm not grounded.God does create miracles.Notice each one and enjoy each day anew for life is an adventure.
Enjoy every bit of it for life is too short.
Death is nearer than you think.You could die at any moment so enjoy life for as long as possible.Work with the hand life has delt you and use it well.You are more fortunate than you think.Enjoy life.
But we also must give back to life.
This forum is dying.Advertise this forum on every Mario site you can find.
The Plumber that we all enjoy so much would want this forum to grow and prosper.
But with all the
s
h*
i*
t
Going on in these forums,it will be hard to rebuild.But we can't let Fungi Forums die.
For Deezer.For Mario.For ourseleves!
Let's save this forum....
Togehter....

http://www.chronotrigger.info/index_iframe.html

Edited by - Tanas on 11/5/2002 4:53:32 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #718 on: November 05, 2002, 07:48:59 PM »
frostbite: Just because eveyone disliked quote !NUMBER 8! without hating the other 7 doesn't mean you should discontinue the series altogether. Everyone has one "bad" showing. Even me. I know you have the genius to come up with something great. (Personally, what I hated about the last one was that is wasn't really FUNNY... moreso a sad realization as to what the world has become. I mean, who in their right mind would ask that?)

C. W. - Wow. Did you have a bad day yesterday? I've never seen you like that. Ok, let's clarify EVERYTHING.

EGM is far more credible than you think. I've read a lot of its reviews, and they give really bad scores to a lot of fighting games and FPSs. They give good scores to "kid" (It's in quotes for a reason) games... like Animal Crossing got a Gold awards (27 total out of 30 or higher not including straight 10s) And yes, the 4.5 was out of 10, not 5. All EGM reviews are out of 10. That person found SFA "repetitive" ... Different people, different views, I guess. That reviewer really slammed the game, too. Luigi's Mansion got 2 8.0+s and a 5.5... so it's not the only time that has happened.

Nor does EGM play favorite systems, either. SMA3, in my opinion, got a far higher score than it deserved (I'd have given it a 7.5!)... and I am sure there are many PS2 and XBox games that got lower scores than they deserved, too. (And higher.) I am glad to see that you are unhampered by the opinions of others... including mine. I mean, you joke around with me all the time.

***I guess being a hypocrite is part of human nature... Including mine. It is a trait I'd LOVE to change...***

But I wasn't intentionally denouncing you as a person for liking Jar Jar. I denounced the idea, yes... But if you saw it like that, then I apologize.

As for the infamous question as to why I don't own a GCN, you figured it out. I am afraid to buy one. Afraid that that small dram of respect I get at my school (Yes, despite my "I Hate My School" personality, I get a bit of respect...) will vanish if my classmates somehow found out that I owned the "gay kiddie system". Afraid for my life at some others' reactions toward it (Yes, some people at my school get beat up for such shallow reasons as their gaming prefrences...)... I am actually VERY surprised I had the "nerve" to buy SMA3. It is that reason that I hate my classmates. They are shallow idiots. I think about what I do. They don't. They don't care about anything. All they do is prance around in a constantly euphoric state unaware of their surroundings.

Anyway, most of my reasons as to why I think the GCN is dying is from INTELLIGENT comments I read in EGM, not merely rumors. I put all the things I have read in recent gaming magazines (Other than EGM as well) in the blender that is my mind, put it to liquidify, thus distorting the facts greatly, and somehow making out that the GCN is dying. Just like my reasoning for Yoshi hating Mario.

I was in a very hmmmmmm... erratic mood yesterday, and am sorry to offend you if I did. I believe that I know far more than everyone in my class too... that's not saying much, but still... and I go to a good school too. When I overgeneralize my class, I tend to leave out the honors students. (About 10-20% of my class. Thus, I am still outnumbered by morons.) They are not shallow, and they MIGHT not care if I got a GCN... they might ask why, but wouldn't insult me. However, they are not spared from my "Oblivious" rule... because they still are oblivious. Not shallow... but oblivious. At least they aren't a total waste.

As for my different view on things every day, remember, I am a human, and rather "intelligent" one (I think), and my thoughts change daily (My class? Maybe once a year). If I say something one day, and do the opposite a week later... it is due to a change in my thoughts, not my personality. My personality changes almost daliy. What you see one day may be completely different than what you see the day after... That is why I call myself "Insane".

Take this paragraph as you wish. If you wish to accept my apology, go ahead. If you read this and think "What a load of crap!" and still think of me as a hypocritical idiot, just like the ret of my class, go ahead. But remember: I took almost an hour typing this, so there must be some thought in it.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 11/5/2002 5:51:34 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #719 on: November 05, 2002, 08:05:51 PM »
I too have a class oh I may as well be honest a whole school full of complete idiots. I can hardly take it! I love my GCN and if I were you I'd go buy one and tell no one! Just to give you a taste of how stupid they are wrap your mind around this conversation fragment I heard during lunch a week ago. "Man Japan sucks! All they have is little ***** Nintendo. We invented PS2 baby!" Uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhh. Well Ive gone ahead and started the first draft of my fanfic. Will let you all know when Im done with the first installment. Any one want to give me a good site to post it on? Oh and anyone interested in horror should check out Death Studios. This place offers awesome masks at unfortunatly high prices. I may still buy one though.

Print