Print

Author Topic: Commercials that suck (or rock)  (Read 5814 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 11:58:37 AM »
I guess I most like Geico comercials, especially when they pretend they're advertisng for soemthing else. I really like that soap opera-like commerial.

I don't really ahte any other commerials or like them

The songe monkeys or whatever they were freaked me out, voice and all. I agree with someone said on VH1's "Best Year Ever" "They aren't cute, they're what you see before you die!"

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 12:00:42 PM »
Yeah, RP. That picture commercial was cool. Oh, did anyone see the new one where the guy's family comes to work with him and sits behind the frames? That one's good.
There's this new pasta sauce one where the cat knocks the pot over and the guy picks the cat up while holding the cleaver, and it looks like he killed the cat when the wife comes in!

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 12:05:32 PM »
Oh yeah, those Geico commercials where they pretend to be advertising something else at first are good. The hair-loss prevention one tricks me almost everytime.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 12:44:03 PM »
Oh yeah, I also like that insurance commercial that is exactly like a Home Depot commercial showing some people installing a fan and then they turn it on and the house goes up in flames.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 01:07:53 PM »
I like the anti-drug commercials because they aren't as stupid as most commercials, plus they're serious, which is like a whole new development in commercial technology!

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 01:19:57 PM »
I like the Hicthhiker's Guide to the Galaxy how to make a movie trailer trailer.   To see it go to http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/index.html and click "VIEW THE TRAILER" on the left.  What the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about trailer is "TRAILER 3".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 01:24:01 PM »
Markio: Did you see one of my previous sigs? Birds: My Anti-Drug. -Bird Person<(^v^)>

Yeah. Tiny House. I wish that were a real reality TV show. I'd love it!!! But sadly, it's only a Geico commercial.
Once I saw a Geico commercial: It was a news flash about an erupting volcano and the newscaster says, "But the good news is, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!"

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »
I completely despise the annoying COX Communications commercial that starts with the man saying "Very funny, Satelite TV...". That commercial is as annoying as Bob Saget.

“How ironic; ‘Rogers’ – it almost rhymes with... ‘eliminate.’”
~Stewie from Family Guy

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 12:48:23 AM »
Bog Saget is the man.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »
Bog Saget, Bag Saget, or Bob Saget?

Anyway, Geico commercials rock.

Tiny House = <3

Blow'd Up is my favorite commercial ever, though.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 07:11:04 AM »
Oh yeah, I laughed so hard when I first saw that at your site.  "This summer everything, yes everything, is getting... blow'd up!" *latrene explodes*  Of all places, I never should have watched that in a library!  What was I thinking?!  I sure hope someone make a music video of that with clips from that commercial and music from your song.

Anywer, I’m bumping this thread because I just remembered something pretty funny.  My most favorite recent commercial is a Toys R< Us one.  It starts out normal enough.  A mom comes home from shopping and calls up to her kids to let them know that she’s home with the toys (why she got them I don’t know).  The kids come running out from their rooms and head for the stairs.  Suddenly and strangely, the dad pops out of his room and comes charging in behind them to get the toys first.  You’d think this would be funny enough but they don’t stop there.  Since his kids are ahead of him and there’s no way he can get around them, he does the stupidest thing and jumps over the railing.  He lands on a little table next to the wall, knocks it over and crashes to the floor and breaking some stuff, and then he jumps up and grabs the bag from the mom and runs away yelling “mine!”.  I think I laughed out loud for half a minute before I could get a grip.  You had to see it.  Holy cow.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 08:15:59 AM »
Can't get enough of the Travelocity "Roaming Gnome" commercials.

A bird can fly… But a fly can’t bird!!! –Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 05:17:53 PM »
Darn. I can't remember what exactly the product is, but I think it's some kind of camera/MP3 player. So anyway, all these people are dancing, including these two really old people (and when I say dancing, I mean like break dancing). Then at the very end this little kid is doing these sick moves... Oh man it's awesome.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 05:45:20 PM »
Oh, I completly forgot about thoes Travelocity Gnome commercails! I love thm, too!

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Print