Print

Author Topic: Manga!  (Read 7274 times)

« on: November 23, 2004, 11:23:18 PM »
I just learned how to draw it!
Man… It's like just so awesome! The shadows,the drawing style,the eyes…   I think i'm gonna make some comics.
Anyone else here like manga?

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 01:08:32 AM »
Sure, man.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 09:01:05 AM »
...Okay. You do that.

As for liking Manga, it's okay, even though I don't have any.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 11/24/2004 7:02:05 AM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 10:02:09 AM »
Could you draw some Mario manga for us?!

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 08:39:35 PM »
i think it's stupid, and furthermore am i in agreement that all anime and manga shows are pretty much the same?

~Toddy

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 08:44:45 PM »
What chu talkin' about, bwl?

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 12:22:48 AM »
I don't think so.
I'm now in a middle of a manga project. I don't think i start another now.
I want to draw as good as "Legendary" Toasty 64.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 01:03:19 AM »
I partially agree with Todd, although I do like the general art style and such very much. I don't hold Toasty's work in very high esteem, though, I must say.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 01:08:59 AM »
Speaking of Toasty, why haven't you put up Mario's High School Days Super Turbo yet?

Anyway, no, Todd, all anime is different. Sure, a lot of it is action-like, but most have actual plot lines, and are linear, unlike most American cartoons like The Simpsons. Each episode takes place just after where the last one ended.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 01:27:49 PM »
I just want to learn how to draw in ANY style, personally.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 03:38:13 PM »
If I had any drawing abilities, I'd be pretty happy.

The best I could draw would be a stick figure.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 03:59:32 PM »
Assuming Manga is the style that Toasty64 draws in, then I guess it looks cool, but it can't be that stylish if everybody draws the same way.  I can draw like that, but I prefer my own style.  And I just want people to know that drawing well shouldn't matter, as long as you can draw what you want to, because I drew on one of the dividers on my binder a stick figure in a dance position with an umbrella while cheese fell from the sky and I wrote "IT'S RAINING CHEESE!!!" on the top, and people that have seen that think I can't draw and that all my pictures are "retarded" because of that one picture.  But you know what?  I wanted to draw that, so the hell with them and what they think about me!  I'll draw whatever I want, thank you, and if it happens to be cheese falling from the sky, then by goodness, let it be!

...Anyway, drawing is a way I express myself, or at least get out of being bored, and you don't have to draw well to enjoy it.  I suppose you could get better by tracing stuff and then sketching stuff and then making stuff into your own creation by tweaking it a lot, but whatever, I just like to draw my own way.

Edited by - Markio on 11/26/2004 2:03:35 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 11:24:03 PM »
Toasty draws very strange manga, if you can even call it that.

Vid: I'm a busy man.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 11:37:33 PM »
I meant in general, all anime is the same.  I don't usually watch it and i know the plots are different, but just channel surfing at different times, some channels get the anime shows and they all look the same, and they're all generally about the same thing: some kind of little monsters/small animals (i don't know either but I don't find it very impactful)

~Toddy

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 01:03:21 AM »
I don't think Toasty 64 draws strange Manga.
Anyway: As the Manga section started, I think that i could draw some Mario Manga.

-*My signature is for rent*-

(5 € a week)

Print