Poll

What's your favorite MAJOR female in the Mario series?

Peach
44 (43.1%)
Daisy
28 (27.5%)
Toadette
9 (8.8%)
Dixie
8 (7.8%)
Birdo
13 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Female?  (Read 16021 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
*BLAAAARGHF!* Sorry.
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
Ok. Here goes.

Peach annoys me. When she was "Princess Toadstool," she was actually capable of doing cool things (see SMRPG, SMB2). Now, she's essentially useless, except as a foil to an overused plotline (ZOGM Bowser/[insert other random force here] captured the princess and we have to find her now [wtd]). Really. Maybe Super Princess Peach will fix this. Maybe.

Toadette, to me, seems like a way to appease the NO[wh]W. I don't know. I always figured (before the character was introduced) that the sex of Toads was indistinguishable to non-residents of the Mushroom Kingdom, kinda like Yoshies.

Dixie, to me, doesn't count as a "Mario" character, per se. I don't know. Her jumping prowess was always a plus for me, especially since I never beat either of the game she was in.

Thus, we are left with Daisy and Birdo. Daisy, many because after SML she seems to me to be the polar opposite of Peach. Since I don't like Peach's personality at all, this is a major plus. Then again. a lot people people think Daisy's personality is annoying.

Birdo is... Birdo, really. Nothing much I can add to this.

But ya, where's the Paper Mario characters?
~I.S.~

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »
The Paper Mario Characters aren't major. I mean Major Major. Sorry if it troubles you. If I could delete this topic, I would start a new one with more choices.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »
Eehee, that'd be a funny character- maybe a Koopa named Major Major? XD
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »
Birdo sounds like a cow when she uses mushrooms in Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Toadette's high-pitched voice annoys the heck out of me.
Dixie...you mean from Donkey Kong?  She's cool, but she's not really a true Mario character.
I picked Peach and Daisy because they're humans...and Peach has an awesome voice in SSBM.  Daisy is just better-looking.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
I like Dixie Kong the best becuase she can actually defend herself.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »
I don't know.  I didn't mind Daisy on MKDD (I liked her better than Peach on that game.  Peach's poshy "ah-hah!" annoyed me)  But I don't like Daisy on MKDS.  I don't mind Peach but it's just annoying on SMSu because anyone who has played SSBM (which came out BEFORE SMS) knows that she can fend for herself.  Yet here she is abducted by Shadow Mario, and what does she do?  Scream for help, when she could've just as easily beaten the crap out of that framing Koopaling!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2006, 06:26:39 PM »
When you said Dixie, I thought you meant Diddy's companion in DKC2. I liked that Dixie... for like a few months before I realized "wait, I hate monkeys!"

I'd say Birdo is my favorite female because of her appearance in Wario's Woods and especially on the box cover of N64 Mario Tennis where Yoshi and Birdo are together. I know there was a Mushroom Kingdom mailbag a long time ago that hinted that there must be something going on between the two. However, I hate Birdo's voice.
You didn't say wot wot.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »
Favourite female?

It's not wrote here, but I vote for.....

............BOWSER!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »
I shouldn't bother asking, but how on Earth do you see Bowser as female?
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 05:46:24 PM »
BOWSER AS A FEMALE!?!?! Lord *gets a hold of myself*, she must be thinking of his daughter.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »
I used to think Bowser was a female until I saw Bowser's name as a 'he'. That ruined my theory. XD

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »
Why would a female giant spiky firebreathing turtle kidnap a princess? Not good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:20 PM »
Maybe it's a Snow White type thing, but Nintendo didn't want death in their games...

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »
Maybe it's a Snow White type thing, but Nintendo didn't want death in their games...

He, he...It's impossible that a so big and strong king dragoon always loose with a little italian plumber....

Or maybe italians are the BEST of all over the world, this can be the explanation!!!
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Print