Print

Author Topic: Prototype Super Mario Bros. info?  (Read 2086 times)

« on: January 13, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
I didn't see this under Super Mario Bros., so I thought I would post this. Using the Game Genie code ZIGPSK, I found some very odd versions of levels. First, the title screen is different, featuring a castle. When you start the game, you start on world 4-1 (which is called [glitch]-1) where there is no Lakitu, but there are goombas and koopa troopas.World [glitch]-2 is an underworld (level with underground music) that takes place underwater. Strangly, you can't swim there. World [glitch]-3 is a very glitchy version of 8-2 (no Lakitu on that one either, but I remember that it was very easy to die on this level). Dying on that level will cause Mario to continuesly walk to the right until he falls to his death. Yes, he walks through the wall. I will do more reasearch, as I havn't gotten past [glitch]-3. Also, it turns out that world 1-1 would be underwater, as you can use a code that allows you to play it that way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:15:46 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »
Those aren't prototype levels, the GG codes just make the SMB engine load from odd locations within the ROM.

The starry background has those colors because coins were located there, which use those colors.  Again, this has nothing to do with prototype anything.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »
Oh, SMB prototype codes? Ha! I have the SMB prototype CARTRIDGE! In fact, I've got SMB protos up the wazoo. I use 'em for toilet paper. I build SMB proto cart houses. I use them for baseballs!

Okay, that's not actually true. I have one SMB cart that appears to be a prototype, but it may just be a really buggy, possibly altered one with a homemade label. Makes for good gossip, though.
every

Print