Print

Author Topic: "I Just Don't Get It..."  (Read 27150 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
What are some mentalities you just don't get? Now I don't mean, like, being pro-this or anti-that--or liking PS3 instead of Wii, or something--but just... mindsets that you seriously can't even pretend to have (try to keep the flaming to a minimum).

What I don't get is how anyone could enjoy the Saw movies. That, and how we're somehow expected to not laugh at that McDonalds ads where they make working there sound like it's the most heartwarming, family-pleasing job in the world.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »
Nice topic.

I don't understand how anybody could be mean to someone just to be mean. I knew this girl in my orchestra who was just awful to me and I could never understand why. Does it take extra energy to be nice or something?

I also can't understand why anybody would want to do drugs. Sure, the pressures of life get tough sometimes, but do they not know of the people who took drugs in the past? The ads for anti-drugs don't really help either. They should use something like this more often! Viewer beware, it isn't the most extreme thing you'll ever see, but it is a tad different then your crappy run of the mill commercial.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:30:03 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
That commercial was rad. I hide my drugs there all the time.

I just don't get why people take sides in the "console wars". That's like being loyal to one TV maufacturer or something. If you spend $500 on a PS3 because it's a PlayStation, then that's monumentally stupid.
every

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:23:55 PM »
I don't get why people think that Mario and Sonic are "enemies". Sure, they belonged to competing companies back in the day, but that ended so very long ago and to me it's rather stupid to think that the two hate each other. They're video game characters for gosh sakes!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »
^ One's red, one's blue; how much simpler can it get? ;)

I seriously want to know what's going on in the heads of people at my school when they take a dump the size of God in the toilet and then just leave it there.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »
I don't get why people treat the internet like such serious business. I mean, when I see some guy post on a message board and is deliberately posting in a different style to bring humor to those around them, I find myself laughing, yet others will claim he's being a troll or is disrupting an important issue. It's like no one has a sense of humor anymore, or they waste it on something as worthless as Caturday.
I don't understand how anybody could be mean to someone just to be mean. I knew this girl in my orchestra who was just awful to me and I could never understand why. Does it take extra energy to be nice or something?

Maybe she liked you and she didn't want it to show?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
^ One's red, one's blue; how much simpler can it get? ;)

I seriously want to know what's going on in the heads of people at my school when they take a dump the size of God in the toilet and then just leave it there.

The not flushing is one thing, but what REALLY annoys me is when I see people leaving the bathroom without washing their hands. That's just terrible, and makes me want to shake hands with people less and less.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
Maybe she liked you and she didn't want it to show?

Nope, she had a boyfriend at the time. Being a jerk to me is not the way to win me over anyway. I'm looking for a woman that is friendly and kind to not only me but others around her.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 09:31:53 PM »
^ Amen, bro.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 09:36:49 PM »
Which brings me to my next point: Why do cute girls find jacka** guys attractive? Being mean, to me, is a huge turn off. I guess it's different since I'm a guy and not a girl, but I still don't see why girls like mean guys.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 09:50:49 PM »
My dad (or someone) says it's just their "bad boy" phase of sorts... Trust me, the right girl (or guy) is out there for all of us.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »
The not flushing is one thing, but what REALLY annoys me is when I see people leaving the bathroom without washing their hands. That's just terrible, and makes me want to shake hands with people less and less.

If you think thats wrong you should see some of the kids at my school. They dont flush, wipe they're butts AND dont wash thier hands. And Thier not Super Special Dogs either.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
Which brings me to my next point: Why do cute girls find jacka** guys attractive? Being mean, to me, is a huge turn off. I guess it's different since I'm a guy and not a girl, but I still don't see why girls like mean guys.

Here, read this editorial I wrote on that exact topic. They want nice guys, but they just can't seem to find them in the type of guys they're looking for. So, they must settle on the jerks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:36:14 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »
This article definitely applied to me in the past, and probably even today. Sadly, I feel like I may be doing the same thing when it comes to women. I always try to find the pretty ones without finding out about their attitude, which is (more often than not) sour.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 11:06:23 PM »
I don't get why people swear five times in every sentence nowadays. There is no excuse.
I don't get why people in general are so homophobic, or why "gay" is a derogatory remark. "You threw away your fries? Dude, that's gay, I would've eaten them." What part of throwing out French fries relates to homosexuality?
I don't get it. Why don't you talk anymore, Red?
I don't get ghetto people. Weren't athletic enough make it to jock level, weren't smart enough to make it to nerd level, weren't awesome enough to make it to dork or gamer level, and being emo (I don't get emos either but whatever) took too much effort, so, you made up a new caste? You could sell your bling and maybe get a Game Boy or something, if yo stopped talkin' laik dis and smiled more often we might accept you...
I don't get why people pound the gas pedal while parked, or going slowly through a parking lot. What are you proving? "My truck can contribute to air pollution faster than yours?" "I can disrupt more people's conversations than you?"
I don't get why solar panels and electric cars aren't more popular.
I don't get why my peers are all "eeeeeeeek" about finals. It's just high school, and they're multiple choice questions.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print