Poll

I prefer

Crossword puzzles
Word searches
Sudoku
Other
Print

Author Topic: Those games that you see in the newspaper  (Read 3006 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: May 10, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »
This is probably the most pressing question for the modern world.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:49:30 PM »
Crossword puzzles FTW!!!!!1!!!
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Crosswords, but I don't do them religiously (heck, I don't even get the paper). I never really caught on with the whole sudoku fad, probably because I'm 16...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
I never saw Sudoku on the newspapers my mother used to read. I saw her always doing the crosswords, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 01:42:13 AM »
Well, I don't like crosswords or sudoku much at all, and word searches were more fun than most school busy-work assignments, so I vote word search.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »
Sudoku are fun the first 5,000 times you do them.  They all look the same after a while.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
I like sudoku when it's easy, because it makes me feel smart. But ideologically, I don't like sudoku because it puts crossword writers out of business and sucks the soul of of newspaper grid puzzles. I usually suck at crosswords, but when I actually do a whole puzzle, it feels more satisfying than solving a sudoku. Word searches are easier than crossword puzzles, but they're not as fun, because you're just picking out words, whereas with a crossword puzzle, you're creating words where none existed before. And in the newspaper, no less.

So it's a tie, I guess.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »
Sudoku are fun the first 5,000 times you do them.  They all look the same after a while.
They all looked the same the first time I saw them, really. I mean, crossword clues repeat themselves now and then, too (I'm looking at you, "Poet's 'before'"), but there's a difference.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »
Picross is way better than all of those.
~I.S.~

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »
Yet newspapers don't get them. =[

Print