Print

Author Topic: Things That Drive Me Nuts  (Read 71733 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
Computers can't actually select things at random.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2008, 10:11:59 PM »
If people who identify as "random" really were, you'd expect a much more varied range of subjects. Sure, there'd be the days where they just talk about cheese, but on other days they'd talk about the history of phoenix legends, how to convert from degrees to radians, and Anselm's ontological argument.

Anyway, a few nut-driving things that I just remembered:
- People IRL who feel like they always have to add something to a conversation, no matter how useless -- usually so they can feel like they "won", when I wasn't even trying to have an argument.
- How Obama is about to become president without ever having said anything substantive.
- Libraries closing six hours early on weekends.
- The number of hours in the day.
- The lousy internet reception in my dorm room.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:16:02 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2008, 01:29:49 AM »
Obama is the better candidate right now because all Hillary's doing is going around and making up stuff.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2008, 04:16:57 AM »
And trying to BAN VIDEOGAMSE.
every

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2008, 04:35:32 AM »
Yo Johnny_Macho, make me some nachos.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2008, 08:13:26 AM »
Yo Johnny_Macho, make me some nachos.

Sure thing Lizzard dude! ya big jerk...
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »
Computers can't actually select things at random.
Which is why I always play Solitaire with actual cards. But heck, nothing's random if you think about it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
I don't really like any of the candidates, but if McCain picks someone I like for VP, I might vote for him, because he's old.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
What drives me nuts is the ignorant kids at my school that can't even vote but repeat what they've heard on the news about the election, and act as if they're actually politically aware. I don't pretend like I know everything about the candidates. The extent of my knowledge is that Obama broke out some seriously awesome moves on Ellen.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4cjtRgnj7pA
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
Something that drives me nuts is my mom's animals. To be more specific, the dog. She is beyond spoiled.
-She's constantly given treats, often times when she runs outside without her leash.
-When she does something bad, she gets little more then a light tap on the rear end.
-She has her own couch, but mom lets her one the main couch anyway.

Heck, she's one of the main reasons I want to move out so bad...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »
My Theatre teacher's ridiculous deadlines. I've got four days (two left) to create a kick-awesome puppet based on folklore, fairy tales, or mythology; I've yet to decide between the Minotaur and the Mothman, but I'm leaning toward Mothman.
every

« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
so a guy walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his crotch
the bartender says "whats that doing there?"
the guy says "ARGH! Its driving me nuts"

the thing that really drives me nuts is internet explorer
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
I was looking forward to a steering wheel on a pirate's crotch.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2008, 06:16:37 AM »
-Overuse of the word random.
-Misuse of the word random. A computer can select something at random. A person can draw a name from a hat at random. A person cannot, on his or her own free will, be random. That's just called "weird."
-The fact that both of these coincide.

Many thanks. I am now at peace knowing I am not alone in having those sentiments. I've actually grown to rather despise the very word "random" as a result of this obnoxious trend.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »
^ That, and misusing the word "Literal."
Or any other form of the word.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print