Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226821 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
I just had a dream where I was playing Mario Kart Wii, and all the characters were replaced by Mario and Luigi versions of Randomness. (Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Teenaged Mario, Teenaged Luigi, Old Mario, Old Luigi, Normal Mario, Normal Luigi, etc.)

Once I selected a character, it went straight to the race, but this time the Karts we so slow, that I had to hop just to get going faster. Luckily for me, the only items that players could get were bananas, and in a rare occasion, red shell(s). After finishing the race in third place by taking multiple narrow shortcuts, I had somehow unlocked the ability to get bikes. They did prove to be a little faster, but any sort of jolt to the side had caused me to get knocked over, and I had to pick my bike back up and get it started again.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
Last night I dreamed I was in a science class watching a video taken from inside of a hippopotamus. Apparently, in my dream world, the hippopotamus's digestive system is just one straight, wide tube, because we could see straight through its mouth as it looked around trying to decide what to eat. I think it finally decided on a monkey, who looked extremely scared as I woke up.

Then I dreamed I was Kevin from Home Alone and for some reason I had to save a past version of myself from Harry and Marv. The four of us had apparently just finished a camping trip/back-to-school shopping spree in the parking lot of Wal-Mart (which had originally been either the cafeteria at my college or a made-up pasta restaurant, one of which I had been trying to get to before 2 PM to get a spaghetti and meatball sub earlier in the dream), and were going our separate ways, but I realized that when Harry took something off of the shopping cart, he took part of my backpack straps, because without them, the straps wouldn't go together. I followed him as he walked/drove his Wario Bike over to the cart return, and when I got there, it turned into a big van full of other burglars. I politely asked Harry to let me look for my backpack straps. He refused initially, but Marv convinced him to let me on because there wasn't much time left. As I was on there, I heard Harry explaining the plan to the other burglars, part of which involved creating more complicated distractions for the police than the dental-related things they had been doing for so long. As he talked about that, I saw a car running over soda cans in the road beside a library I used to go to IRL. Finally, I got the backpack straps (oddly enough for me, after switching locations, I actually ended up going back to the original location), and baby me/Kevin appeared in my arms as I ran back to the blue Chevy Suburban that my family used to own in real life. I debated for a while whether to put baby me in the middle, next to another random baby, or in the back. I finally decided to put him in the back and sit with him. Once I was back there, I called my (Kevin's) mom on a cell phone and told her not to worry because I'd be back home by tomorrow morning (I figured the trip would be about 6 hours, and it was about 5 or 6 PM). Then as I hung up, I realized I didn't have anyone to drive the car. And I woke up. It's dreams like this that make me not as concerned about trying to have lucid dreams, because I could never make up something that cool.

I think somewhere in between there, I had a dream that I was watching some people from here playing Mario Kart Wii, and wondering why they hadn't registered my friend code yet.

At some point I also dreamed that my entire body was painted black and I was running down a hallway trying to look like Mr. Game & Watch.

Incidentally, I'm typing this on my Wii with a USB keyboard, and I took so long typing this that the remote fell asleep.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:49:23 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »
I have to say those are some of the neatest sounding dreams I've read in a while.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
Hmm, the other night I dreamed I was present at a parade, front row center.

This parade was greater than any other parade I've ever seen. It was Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the St. Patrick's Day parade in my neighborhood, the parades that always happen at the end of the Mario RPGs, the parades that happen in Walt Disney World, and the Prince Ali parade from Aladdin all rolled into one. It started out as just the St. Patrick's part, as I was hearing the bagpipes. When the dream started, I just caught the tail end of that segment and then the bell players came up. Watched that, then the brass band from this local high school came in, and I was overjoyed as in real life I;m never able to see that part of the parade.

Then, when I thought it would be over, performers from those other parades start showing up. It was like whatever kind of orchestrated song I thought of, it was being played by the bands. I even got to hear a live rendition of the Super Mario Bros. song and it sounded just like it does on the Smashing...Live! CD. I was amazed, I was blown away. I couldn't believe I was actually hearing this. For that moment I thought I might be dreaming. Then the Aladdin/Disney theme parade section came up. I was even more amazed now, as they were playing "Make Way for Prince Ali", live! I could not believe this either. This rendition of the song sounded just like the mp3 I listened to on my cousin's computer.

By now I was sure I was dreaming, because right after that a Little Mermaid segment was coming up, and I decided it was time to leave, but not before wishing my former girlfriend was here to see that, as I think fondly of her all the time. Then I woke up... and that was the end.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2008, 03:52:15 PM »
Well, first let me explain that I have lost the following games: 
SM64DS, Pokemon Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen.

I frequently have dreams in which I find one or more of these titles.  Sometimes they're in the strangest places, too (trash cans, bathtubs, etc), but whenever I find them, I realize I'm dreaming and wake up.  It's torture.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
Small world! I've had finding-missing-objects dreams before too. A few weeks ago I had lost my glasses and I had dreams of finding them in odd places. Coincidentally, one of those places happened to be the bathtub.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
Yeah, I've had finding-things-dreams too. Most of the time, I either spend a few seconds right before I wake up wondering how I can take them with me when I wake up, or I spend several minutes after waking up realizing that I didn't actually find it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
Before I explain one of my dreams, I will explain things to make reading the actual dream a little easier.
When I was 5, I was an avid Pokemon fan. That ended when I turned about 9. By then, I had a binder full of Pokemon cards, all the Pokemon games for Gameboy except Red, and an original Pokemon themed Gameboy Color. I moved shortly after the end of my Pokemon-fan period, and I forgot about what happened to all my Pokemon stuff.
I'm 14 right now.

About three months ago, I had a dream where I was in my basement. I, by accident, found all of my old Pokemon stuff sitting in a box in a small closet in the basement.
After I woke up, I went to the basement, and found all of my Pokemon stuff, in the same place my dream "told me" they would.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
Prediction: You had found it before but didn't bother to remember it. Your brain sorted that memory and it just happened to come to your consciousness during your dreams.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »
Before I explain one of my dreams, I will explain things to make reading the actual dream a little easier.
When I was 5, I was an avid Pokemon fan. That ended when I turned about 9. By then, I had a binder full of Pokemon cards, all the Pokemon games for Gameboy except Red, and an original Pokemon themed Gameboy Color. I moved shortly after the end of my Pokemon-fan period, and I forgot about what happened to all my Pokemon stuff.
I'm 14 right now.

About three months ago, I had a dream where I was in my basement. I, by accident, found all of my old Pokemon stuff sitting in a box in a small closet in the basement.
After I woke up, I went to the basement, and found all of my Pokemon stuff, in the same place my dream "told me" they would.
Do you have ESP too?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »
Eggo Special Police? (if you've ever seen that ad, then... yeah)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2008, 04:44:59 AM »
No. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP . See the link for more information. ESP stands for Extra Sensory Perception.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:48:00 AM by luigalaxy »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2008, 06:22:19 AM »
I know what it means. I just remembered there was some Eggo waffles ad with something abbreviated as "ESP"... but I couldn't find a video!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »
Extra Sensory Perception? I thought it was Extra Sauce & Pickles! XD For goodness sake, I'm just kidding.

Unfortunately, the dreams I've been having lately are so random and scary that mere words cannot describe them. Why must my subconscious torture me so?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
I was driving to work when I remembered something about my dream. At one point, My dad had chased me, tackled me, and started punching me. Also, I had become 11 years old again in my dream. Maybe this board had influenced my subconcious. And, N64 Chick, try to lucid dream. I read on Wikipedia that lucid dreaming can lower the frequency of bad dreams.

Print