Print

Author Topic: Mario YouTube video requests/challenges  (Read 43801 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »
I will never be discouraged!
Would you be willing to do any purple coin speedruns?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 05:13:28 PM »
I know I've already posted a request, but I just noticed something weird..

In the Loop-De-Swoop Galaxy (the second Manta surfing course, part of the Trial Galaxies), there is a platfrom that has sling star and a giant ?-Coin (I guess that's hwat you call it. The same kind of coin that triggers the Bee Shroom in the Beebee Kingdom) As you are surfing through the course, it is just after the second 1up in the course, a ways behind those panels that have Star Bits attached to them.

As of yet, I have found no way to get across the giant gap on the Manta, but after you finish the course, you can do a spin jump off the coach's head, and if you are pressing toward the front gate of the course, you might be able to land on one of the points on the star gate, thus enabling you to swim the course without the Manta.

I've explored the course before, but never noticed those platforms and sling star until last night. Has anybody else found out why they are there?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 06:10:23 PM »
Yeah, I know about that. I think you have to get a good record in the course and go to the right where the other penguins and a Sling Star are. After going through the Sling Star, you fly far across the course and you touch a ? Coin, which makes Star Bits appear. There are 3 Sling Stars I think. After the first one, you land on that platform with a Sling star and a ? Coin, which will cause even more Star Bits to appear. After that is yet another platform with a Sling Star and a final ? Coin which will cause more Star Bits to appear. After going through that last Sling Star, you end up back where you started, which is the platform where the coach is.

Toad: I don't have Mario Tennis for the N64, sorry. I also don't have a Gameboy Player either.

jdaster64: I'll think about that. As for SMBDX, I'll try it if I'm able to find a way to record Gameboy Color games with my camcorder.

Turtlekid1: I'll do a purple coin speedrun, but is there a particular one that you want me to do most? I'm best at Space Junk Galaxy's Purple Coins and Luigi's Purple Coins in Toy Time Galaxy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:13:35 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
Luigi's Purple Coins
And everyone's going to agree with me here.

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
I found that star to be really easy, actually.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »
Sorry about that, I didn't completely clarify Luigi's Purple Coins. I meant that I'm best at a speedrun of getting all 150 Purple Coins, not just 100.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
A video of you owning three level 9 npc's on super smash bros.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »
Sorry about that, I didn't completely clarify Luigi's Purple Coins. I meant that I'm best at a speedrun of getting all 150 Purple Coins, not just 100.

Now that I want to see.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Sqrt2

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 05:08:51 AM »
How about doing a speed run of all those ball rolling courses?

*laughs evily*
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
Definitely Luigi's Purple Coins.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 04:10:31 PM »
Definitely Luigi's Purple Coins.

All 150? I would love to see Luigi's purple coins indeed.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »
All of Luigi's 150 Purple Coins it is then.

Sqrt2: I'll think about that.

Linkin800: That isn't a Mario game, sorry.

jdaster64: I'd have to make a new file for your request, and I honestly don't want to create a new file and get up to them again to record myself beating them in 3 turns or less, sorry.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »
I'm currently working on the Luigi's Purple Coins speedrun, getting all 150 purple coins in the process. It'll take a while because I need to make a faster path than my current one.

CrossEyed, I'll get to your request after this one because this one is in higher demand, sorry.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
No prob. I'd like to see that one too.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 06:26:32 AM »
jdaster64: I'd have to make a new file for your request, and I honestly don't want to create a new file and get up to them again to record myself beating them in 3 turns or less, sorry.

Ouch. I feel your pain. Especially when I hit level 19 right before fighting them, forcing me to upgrade my HP after 12 hours of play time.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print