Print

Author Topic: Suspicious About Brawl  (Read 8202 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
People freak out about grammar way too much. I'm not saying that it's okay to have poor grammar, though there's no reason people should freak out about it, 'cause it's just as easy to say "please fix your grammar" as it is to say "It is so annoying and I am so sick of it". Because no one really likes to put up with whining anymore than they like to put up with bad grammar.

Anyway, I think Brawl will be awesome, but to say that this topic is pointless is jumping the gun a bit. It is 100% possible that Brawl will not live up to  it's name, just like it was 100% possible Sonic would be in it (and trust me, many said that it wasn't going to happen but it did anyway).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:44:20 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »
As I think I said before, the only thing I think I'm really worried about is that it'll be so good, they won't be able to top it. That's the problem with the Wii; the only games that don't suck are usually so good, there's nowhere to go but down.
Wasn't it the same with Melee?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Hardly! No online play, no stage-editing, no Sonic (I don't really like him but I know many others do), no music customization... there was plenty of improvement to be had! I say it's better graphics and more questionable characters from here on out.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
But did you even think of all that stuff? Did you look at Melee when it was in production and say "This game needs a stage editor, music customization and online play which at this time period would be pretty bad"?
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
Also, lots of the stages seem to be simply platforms with a nice background.
They seem to be, but many actually aren't.  For example, Delfino Plaza, which many thought was just a battlefield stage with various Mario Sunshine backgrounds actually turned out to have a different stage setup for each location.  The same is true for many of the other levels, such as Castle Seige... platforms appear and disappear fairly frequently.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 07:08:47 AM »
But did you even think of all that stuff? Did you look at Melee when it was in production and say "This game needs a stage editor, music customization and online play which at this time period would be pretty bad"?
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that online play was considered, at least.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »
it's just as easy to say "please fix your grammar"
Except there's a problem when people don't even know they're saying something completely opposite from what they mean!
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »
The worse that could happen is Brawl only having 25 characters.
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
Hah! And already have twenty-three supposedly available from the start (you wouldn't expect the demo at E for All to have everyone you have at the beginning, would you).
It's YOUR problem!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
Sorry Chup.... you know for a fact that not everyone on here, and definitely not everyone outside of this forum will get/care about/understand the "could care, couldn't care" phrase... it kinda bothers me too depending on if a person is trying to be cocky and says it wrong because it makes him/her look stupid. ahaha
Formerly quite reasonable.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
It's awesome when someone screws up an insult and says the opposite of what they were trying to say to you. Once in the sixth grade I was told, "Your brain is the size of a hammerhead shark."
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »
Dang, so you were first in your class?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
It was obvious he meant "Your brain is the size of a hammerhead shark's." They're pretty small, right?
But yep, that's the most epic example of a messed-up insult.
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »
Hah! And already have twenty-three supposedly available from the start
Well maybe they showed the secret characters on the website. They did that with Melee, didn't they?
I wish the Melee site was still up...
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
Yes, they did.
That was a joke.

Print