Print

Author Topic: Internet personification  (Read 17913 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
I think that Twitter's friends would only be celebrities who hire other people to talk to him, and pompous bloggers.

Also, xkcd would be somebody who used to be really cool and popular without really knowing it until he/she realized it and then turned into a massive ******bag.

Something Awful would be a young man, about 20 years old, with a temp job, who makes a very big deal about passing himself off as very unfriendly and "cynical", but generally fails since he's actually a pretty cool guy. Of course moments of genuine weirdness occasionally seep through and creep people out on occasion.

Zombo.com would be the coolest person ever that everyone always wants to hang with because he's so cool.
every

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »
Since when has Lizard Dude been the physical embodiment of Something Awful? Anyways, we've yet to cover Yahoo: I envision it to be the corpse of some long-dead inventor whose groundbreaking discoveries changed the world in his day, although nobody uses whatever he invented anymore... you know? Of course, that layout could also work for AOL.

eBay would be a fat, balding divorced white man whose knowledge of computers is so limited that he has yet to figure out how to type capital letters.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
eBay would be a fat, balding divorced white man whose knowledge of computers is so limited that he has yet to figure out how to type capital letters.

...L@@K!!!!
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »
The "e" in '"eBay" is always written in lower case, if that's what you're referring to.

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »
Actually I was referring to the many examples of those said eBay listing descriptions. You know, the ones that say, "VERY RARE!! IN MINT CONDITION!! L@@K!!!"
I'm a horrible person.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 01:06:22 AM »
To me, eBay seems more like the old guy down the street whose attic is cluttered with junk, and who's always selling the stuff he finds in his yard sales. He always seems to be selling just what everyone is looking for.

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »
Something Awful would be a young man, about 20 years old, with a temp job, who makes a very big deal about passing himself off as very unfriendly and "cynical", but generally fails since he's actually a pretty cool guy. Of course moments of genuine weirdness occasionally seep through and creep people out on occasion.

So let me get this straight. You hate 4chan because all the kids at your school act like its a status symbol to be in the know about current memes...but you like Something Awful because it fails at being what 4chan is or something?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
haha what

EDIT: no seriously what
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:14:45 PM by Glorb »
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 06:51:17 PM »
dA should be an overwieght, hambeast girl wearing tons of pseudo-japanese clothing covered in buttons from Hot Topic (many of which would feature characters from popular anime or "dark" cartoons).

Blahahahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking

...looks super-intelligent, the kid you go to for all your hoework answers...

Toad already mentioned it, but hahaha.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »
Expanded edition:

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
Where's TV Tropes?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
You really think TV Tropes belongs in that image?

Edit: And three pages? Come on guys.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 06:24:04 PM »
If deviantART and 4chan belong there, TV Tropes is equally as justifiable.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
Not really. dA and 4Chan rank among the world's most popular sites, while TV Tropes is a corny hangout for literature nuts.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
That, and a giant art gallery of softcore hentai and the world's most NSFW image board have more personification potential than what basically amounts to Jaded English Major: The Website.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print