Print

Author Topic: Internet personification  (Read 17854 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »
I was browsing the internet as usual when I stumbled across this interesting picture.

http://elontirien.deviantart.com/art/Internet-University-Cast-120846620

I have to say, I find this picture quite impressive. The "characters" really look to have a lot of personality, and even their clothes somehow seem fitting to their internet counterparts. And why stop with just these seven; who knows how many websites would make for interesting personifications?

Also, that story sounds really interesting. I hope the artist posts it eventually.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »
Pretty accurate, although Facebook and MySpace should be teenage girls and Twitter should be more openly gay.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:47 AM »
I picture Wikipedia as generally giving decent, if obtuse and/or poorly worded answers in class, but occassionally answering with "CARL IS GAY PENIS PENIS PENIS" before quickly correcting himself and apologizing. And he'll punch you in the face if you ever try to talk about anything too obscure for him to care about -- and if you ever (correctly) retort that some of the things he cares about are way more obscure and unimportant than the stuff you talk about, he'll slap you while yelling "WP:OTHERSTUFF, *****!")
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 03:18:45 AM »
Good God, I wonder what Encyclopedia Dramatica looks like.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »
4chan would be a disheveled, unshaved, pale, creepy young man who always hangs out behind the K-Mart for like hours each day, wearing the exact same hoodie and jeans, except no one tells him to go away since they're afraid he'll bite them and give them hepatitis. His speech consists almost entirely of internally developed, bizarre catchphrases, and profanity. Despite his appearance and personality, he is somehow manages to convince people he's never met to do him favors and spread knowledge of him, though refuses to return any favors. In his spare time, he helps catch pedophiles and would-be terrorists, though for his own personal amusement instead of any sense of morality.

Encyclopedia Dramatica would be a very neat, tidy, mild-mannered white homeschooled kid with almost no real friends who tries really hard to be exactly like 4chan until he has to go home for bedtime at eight every day.

TV Tropes would be that one nerd in school that everyone sees as cool and treats with respect, and no one knows why. Tends to hold conversations that can last for hours on end, but are never boring.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »
TV Tropes would be that one nerd in school that everyone sees as cool and treats with respect, and no one knows why. Tends to hold conversations that can last for hours on end, but are never boring.

No wonder I love the site so much, that's exactly the role I had in my last year of high school. :P

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »

For some reason, I imagine TV Tropes being a girl. Maybe the nerdy, fanfic-writing, pop-culture saavy twin sister of Wikipedia.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
Like this?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »
MySpace IRL

...Which begs the question, what would TMK look like?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
Weegee keeps dissing MySpace because he's jealous of all the people who have one.

TMK would be a nerd that nobody likes.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »

That's what TMK would look like.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
Never seen the second photo before.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 02:40:53 PM »
TK would be a nerd that nobody likes.

Fixed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »
TMK would be a nerd that nobody likes.
You're describing yourself.

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »
Wow, the illustrator got DeviantArt completely and utterly wrong. But its no surprise since the picture comes from a Tartlet itself.

dA should be an overwieght, hambeast girl wearing tons of pseudo-japanese clothing covered in buttons from Hot Topic (many of which would feature characters from popular anime or "dark" cartoons). Also, she should be crying about how much life hates her.

Facebook isn't white enough in my opinion. Give him blond hair and a Barack Obama bumper sticker.

MySpace needs to be a minority.

YouTube and Google look accurate enough though. Love how Google looks at all of them in disgust, because he knows all their problems and has seen some stuff even worse than what they represent.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print