Print

Author Topic: Throwing barrels in Heaven  (Read 4906 times)

« on: October 23, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091023/ap_on_en_tv/us_obit_sales

The voice of Donkey Kong in the Saturday Supercade has passed away. :(  Good night, sweet prince.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »
...I don't know who he is. But remember that old saying, celebrities die in threes (or fours as we recently had). So I half-expect some other Mario-related guy to kick the Wario bucket next month. Maybe Andrew Sabiston (voice of Yoshi in the SMW cartoon) or Harvey Atkin (King Koopa in the cartoons). Maybe Dennis Hopper (King Koopa in the movie).
You didn't say wot wot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »
I only saw one episode of the DK Saturday Supercade, but I still feel sad.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Sqrt2

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
...I don't know who he is. But remember that old saying, celebrities die in threes (or fours as we recently had). So I half-expect some other Mario-related guy to kick the Wario bucket next month. Maybe Andrew Sabiston (voice of Yoshi in the SMW cartoon) or Harvey Atkin (King Koopa in the cartoons). Maybe Dennis Hopper (King Koopa in the movie).

According to this Dennis Hopper has been diagnosed with prostate cancer...
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »
According to this Dennis Hopper has been diagnosed with prostate cancer...
[Transformers guy from Robot Chicken] "What did I just tell you?"

Appearing in a show called "Crash" probably isn't the best omen either. Geez, first Lou Albano, then Soupy Sales, and now the guy who did the Doom boxart. Love that each topic has a similar name to find them easily.
You didn't say wot wot.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 04:38:06 AM »
I wish I was old enough to have nostalgia for these shows. Nonetheless, I'm sure he'll be missed.

I hope the random deaths of people involved in Nintendo related TV shows doesn't become some kind of weird trend.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »
I hope the random deaths of people involved in Nintendo related TV shows doesn't become some kind of weird trend.
Now that you said it, some random forum (or 4chan) will probably do just that.

No, I don't have anything useful to contribute to this topic, why do you ask?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:29:15 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »
"Trend", as in people continuously making mention of Nintendo-related actors dying or "trend", as in Nintendo-related actors dying in rapid succession? (presumably as a result of raiding Tutankoopa's tomb).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print