Print

Author Topic: Happy Halloween!  (Read 7384 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 11:48:25 AM »
Points to whoever figures it out?

Turdman, defender of brown matter everywhere.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »

I went as the Scout and my friend Kyle went as the Spy from Team Fortress 2. Had to sort of throw 'em together at the last minute but I like how they turned out. The piece of paper taped to my hat says BONK!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »
I'm digging the Spy costume hard. As for the Scout, the thing that says "bonk" kind of throws off the costume a bit, but it's still recognizable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Okay, as you may know, I went as Jeff Andonuts and my brother as Ness this year. Pics forthcoming, but first, a general recap of October 31st in my neck of the woods:

For as long as I can remember, I've had a Halloween party at my grandparents' house every year, as it's much larger and closer to "town" than my own home. My brother and I carve pumpkins, set up elaborate decorations and food, organize entertainment, the like. So, anyway, this year, there was initial panic (well, more like extreme worry, or whatever the noun form of "****ed-off" is) because both my grandpa and uncle (who, as he's managing a business in town, alternates between staying in his apartment downtown and his designated bedroom in the house in question) were apparently fairly ill. The flu was presumed, and a decision on the severity of it was hard to gauge, as it was presumed my grandma didn't want our hopes crushed and was thereby downplaying the threat their conditions posed. This news--of the party being potentially called off, that is--was presented to me at about 6:00 AM on Halloween morning, so I said and thought some things about all my work probably being for naught that I didn't mean. Thankfully, it was eventually decided that we'd go through with the whole thing, but covertly sanitize the house beforehand with Lysol wipes and utilize liberal amounts of Purell.

I invited about six people; only my two (closest) friends showed up, one right around 6:30 PM (the appointed hour of arrival--time was somewhat hard to determine, as my GPs had set the clocks back already), the other a little later. The former had a blue comb-over mohawk of sorts, pink glasses, and a crazy suit, but I'm not sure it was a costume because he always dresses something like that; the latter was Dexter (not the CN one). The evening went as thus: Guitar Hero, donut-eating contest, Guitar Hero, loosely-played Cranium, then just taking turn playing the Star Performer cards from a Cranium expansion deck until everyone left.

What we learned: All you need for a great three-hour party is fake instruments and charades.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
As for the Scout, the thing that says "bonk" kind of throws off the costume a bit, but it's still recognizable.

I definitely agree. Sadly I had no other choice because the only black hat I have says "TCU" on the front.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:41:45 AM by PaperLuigi »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 06:56:21 PM »
At last, those pictures!

Myself as Jeff:

My brother as Ness:

And a pumpkin I carved that I'm pretty proud of:

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »
That pumpkin is deadly awesome.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
How long have you had those fireworks? Did you keep them just for your costume?

Also, is that some sort of Franklin Badge I see on Ness?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 07:28:35 AM »
The bottle rockets were just left over from Independence Days past. As for the Franklin Badge, as well as the hat and shirt, the whole deal cost 60-something bucks from Fangamer.net, but it was worth it (there's a yo-yo coming, eventually).

Also, that pumpkin was from a pattern, but it was still really difficult.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
SB, those are some badass costumes. Good job.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
*****in' pumpkin, Brian. How long did that take to carve?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »
Oh, probably an hour at the most. I'm never good with time estimates...

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »
My friend invited me to this party and currently I am super smashed!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 10:31:51 PM »
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Print