Print

Author Topic: Brawl in the Family  (Read 14473 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
Unexpected ending but the song itself and the comic wasn't really funny or smart or anything.

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »
Whoever spent a week drawing, writing and recording that opus is now emotionally crushed.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »
Unexpected ending but the song itself and the comic wasn't really funny or smart or anything.

Seconded on the funny. No actual humor, except for the "Take off your plumbers hat" panel, with Waluigi.
I do have to say, nice diversity for BitF, but I hope this doesn't mean it's losing the good 'ole fashioned simplicity that makes it so interesting.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »
TEM and coolkid are dead wrong. It is funny and smart. Every single line has visual and lyrical gags referencing the games, and doing it well. The song is also amazingly professional for being done by some webcomic guy and his family. My only critique is that I wish the singer played it a bit more straight. He slips a little too far into the goofy a zone a couple of times. But both the first and second times I read/listened to it, I got that weird tingly feeling that means "this is amazingly good" and that's the highest praise I can give something.

And: a ReDead doing taxes!

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
Well, I lost.

Enjoyed the crying Mama Piranha and the Duck Hunt thing. And the Boo's sound at the end kind of got to me.

For some reason I thought Wolf o'Donnell was Phoenix Wright at first.
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »
Well, "OBJECTION!" and "Can't let you do that" do express similar sentiments.

Also, I rather thought the Space Pirates would have made better (if less recognizable) minions for the Metroid series than the actual Metroids, since they're actually minions of the main villain(s), not just genetically engineered predators that frequently find their way into the wrong hands.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print