Print

Author Topic: Happy Mario Day everyone!  (Read 14399 times)

« on: March 10, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »
I know it's a little late, but yesterday, March 10th, was Mario Day!  Why?  Because it's March 10th!  You know, Mar. 10th!  You know, Mar.10!  You know, Mar10!  You know, Mario!

Sorry, that's just the best way I know (through text) to explain where Mario Day comes from.  Did you do anything special to celebrate? 

I re-discovered Mario Kart Wii, and the fact that I think it's my favorite entry in the series.  Later tonight, I'm going to spend some quality time with Mario Galaxy, though somewhat ironically, I'll be playing as Luigi... but hey, his last name is Mario! 

This little shindig has certainly rekindled my love of the Mario universe, all the wacky characters and fun adventures I've grown up loving.  It just creates such a warm fuzzy feeling in my soul.  Sure, I might spend more of my gaming time on my 360 nowadays, but nothing can replace that Nintendo magic, of which Mario is the master wizard. 
Haters gonna hate

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17:41 PM »
On the 9th, I played a full hour of Mario music on the campus radio station during my block. And I did all the announcements in my best Mario voice, which occasionally seeped into a Jar Jar voice.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »
I just realized that my birthday is one day after Mario Day.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »
I just realized that the 11th is PL's birthday.

Congrats on not dying for another year! You're officially not younger than me for the next 8.5 months!

Also, I just realized that some daylight savings time stuff is messed up on my end here.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:52 PM »
I'm freaking out because billy chilly just posted.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:54:07 AM »
Aurgh, I forgot!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »
So when is Lou E G?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
The 14th is Maria Day.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
Now I've got "My Maria" stuck in my head...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
The 14th is Maria Day.

Just when I got Jim Henson's version of Peter Jackson's Gollum out of my head, you go and put it back into it.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
Who, Maria?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 10:04:29 PM »
No, that little red... thing!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:40:01 PM »
Who, Mario?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
I celebrated by staying in bed with influenza-a.  It's been a horrible week. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print