Print

Author Topic: Is there a chance of SEGA coming back?  (Read 1605 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 05, 2002, 08:26:08 AM »
Do any of you think SEGA has a chance of coming back to the console business? If they get their act together and make a system that people will support, then I think it's possible.

Also, SEGA is one of the best videogame companies (along with Nintendo, obviously), and they had a lot of potential with their DreamCast system. But unfortunately, Sony became more successful with their horrible PlayStation1 and PS2 junk... killing SEGA from the console competition. :(

Nintendo will probably never fail. All of their systems and games have benn extremely successful; and the GameBoy and GameCube systems are earning them even more money! In fact, GameBoy is the most successful videogame system of all time!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 02:04:16 PM »
Well, I wouldn't expect Sega to even consider trying to wedge itself into the already crowded console competetion. It would be nothing but a waste of money on their part. They are much better off as third-party developers and publishers. I mean, I guess it's too bad that we'll not see a Dreamcast 2. Then again, it's pretty nice that I don't have to be tempted to buy another console to play Sonic games.

Oh, and I agree with your predictions for Nintendo. A lot of time will have to pass and lots of things have to change before we have to worry about Nintendo dropping out of the console race. The GameCube has met all of Nintendo's sales projections and even exceeded them in some areas. And, of course, the GBA is monsterously popular and will continue funnel funds into Nintendo.

People seem to forget at times that Nintendo is no David among Goliaths. Sony and Microsoft may be big, but their video game divisions are easly rivaled in size by Nintendo. Nintendo is THE video game giant, make no mistake.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2002, 06:22:44 PM »
I don't know, but I think that is asking for the near-impossible.  I like Sega 2nd best, but there are already 3 consoles (2 are very junky) and that would just be more competition for "SEGA's new Console".
 n/a

Print