Print

Author Topic: Flashback  (Read 4706 times)

« on: March 18, 2007, 07:18:39 PM »
Have you guys ever had something happen to you that it flashes back now and then? For example, I broke my arm when I was 11 and everytime someone is injured before my eyes it comes back to me and I can sorta remember the pain. It just happened yesterday when my friend was skateboarding and broke his wrist. I just want to know if these kind of things happen to everyone, not just me.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
I get flashbacks all the time. Heck, somehow when I think of something due to being in a situation, I end up thinking the exact same thing next time I get into that situation.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 07:26:32 PM »
I mean like something shocking. When you remember the pain from seeing something like it. Or watching people scream on a roller coaster, and you remember the feeling.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
I'm not sure if I've experienced anything shocking enough.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:10 PM »
M'kay. Well, I'm sure there are people here who have. I remember the time I was almost run over by a speeding car "hiding" behind a bus, so whenever I see a speeding car, I think of that moment.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »
Well... A lot of my memory(s) are based on scents; it's like, Adventureland in Disneyland has this uique smell, and I'm reminded of the whole place every time I catch of whiff of something similar. And old cigarette stench on upholstry (or something) instantly brings to mind hotel rooms and used cars.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »
I don't really get flashbacks per se, but deja vu does occur quite often.

For some reason this also reminds me of another thing that happens a lot: Ever watch someone eat a Warhead, or you're about to eat one yourself, and as you're thinking about that warhead being in your mouth, your tongue suddenly explodes with a soury taste, even though there is nothing in your mouth (world's longest sentence)? I love that. It happens every time I'm about to eat some ice cream or sour stuff, without fail.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »
Yeah, I can taste something even when I haven't eaten it in a while if it the taste is strong enough.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »
Smell is the sense most closely tied to memory.
Source: Deodorant commercial
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »
Yeah, the smell of old Band-aids or capho makes me think of my grandfather.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 06:20:48 PM »
I remember most things in pretty good detail, it is a talent of mine if something happens around me at all, it doesn't have to be significant or anything.
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »
Smell is the sense most closely tied to memory.
Source: Deodorant commercial

That can't be true as my sense of smell in nonexistent. Dead serious about this, though. I suppose you could say I'm deaf in the nose.

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »
I hear the sense of smell and the sense of taste are closely connected as well...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
My sense of smell has been slightly dulled, along with my vision. To make up for it, I have sharp-as-a-whistle hearing!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
Uh, The Chef, it might not be true for YOU, but since you can't smell anything you aren't part of the statement.
If I said that smell was the sense most closely tied to smelling stuff, and then you said that can't be true, you would be using pretty much the same reasoning, which is horribly flawed.
That was a joke.

Print