Print

Author Topic: Mario 3 Beta Levels.  (Read 10910 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 11:42:01 AM »
I'm still upset that they never released the series three and four cards. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »
I'm still upset that they never released the series three and four cards. 
I heard there was a site you could get them from, but it took like an hour to get one card to scan.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
I was going to try to make my own, but could never get the resolution right.  Some things like making a different number of 1-ups based on the 1,5,10-up cards seemed easy enough, but without a proper scan I couldn't even analyze the codes at the time.  I now have a new scanner and a better understanding on how they work, but long ago abandoned the project. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
Yeah it's probably easier to just get an emulator for the games and play the levels on that.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 07:04:46 PM »
I played these levels on a hacked smb3 rom, and I find some of these levels interesting (even if they weren't finished).
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »
I apologize for bumping an old topic but as I'm a new member I can't start a new topic.  I have a question.  My boyfriend has been making a disassembly of the Mario 3 ROM and he found something interesting in it today.

http://el-hazardonline.net/images/smb3Obj05.avi

Does anyone know what this item is or is supposed to be?  I don't know anything in the game that acts like that.  I've thought maybe it's one of Lemmy Koopa's balls but I'm not sure because it just stands there at first plus he already found the object ID for that.  Thanks, and again sorry if bumping this was bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:28:56 PM by Quexinos »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »
Looks kinda like a crystal ball or something. Maybe they were drawing from SMB2. No idea really. Alternate rotodisc?
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
Well you're able to jump on it so I'd assume not... by the way Mario jumps on it I'm wondering if it's an alternate ball of Lemmy's.  Don't they kinda jump around like that?

Print