Print

Author Topic: Something I found today while walking home  (Read 8410 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »

So I was walking home, and I see this on the streets. I never expected to find anything of interest on my streets, since this is a boring, ghetto city. Then I found this, and walked by it, stopped, and said "WHOA COOL". So I said to myself "I must show the Fungi Forums". On the back of it it says copyright 2006 and made for McD's, a safe assumption that it's a McDonald's toy. But I don't recall any McDonald's promotion in 2006 based on Mario, or at all period. (at least not in recent years)

But it is a hard rubber, similar to a toddler toy, so perhaps it's a special request McDonald's toddler toy.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm intrigued by this cool find.
Ditto used Machop!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
I have one of them. And yes they did have one in 2006. it was a a thing they did to make kids be more active. I guess not all the states had this...
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »
Yeah, I recall that. I have one too... somewhere. It still has that awesome "new" smell.
I'm a horrible person.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
Those taste awesome... Oh, it's not food?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »
I'm guessing that particular one was to promote Mario Pinball Land?
Ditto used Machop!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »
Oh! I have heard about these Mc Donald's toys and I hoped they came out here, too (instead we had a lot of toys dedicated to Sonic at Mc donalds =p)! You're sooooo lucky!
And you didn't need to go to McDonald...and then! WOW! Just a Super Mario fan find this! Not a "normal" person! X3 You must be very happy! =)

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
I have three of them, though I don't know where they are right now...

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
Oh! I have heard about these Mc Donald's toys and I hoped they came out here, too (instead we had a lot of toys dedicated to Sonic at Mc donalds =p)! You're sooooo lucky!
And you didn't need to go to McDonald...and then! WOW! Just a Super Mario fan find this! Not a "normal" person! X3 You must be very happy! =)

I am, I absolutely love finding Mario-based items. It's a bit scuffed up, but it's still Mario darn it! Especially since I didn't have to pay anything for it, or eat McDonald's. (I'm trying to eat healthier ever since I started being in nutrition class in school)

I especially hate the McDonald's restaurants around here because the service is poor. If the burgers aren't poorly made physically, they are taste-wise. In my local Wal-Mart Mickey D's, I purchased a burger and it was dripping yellow liquid, it looked like urine and it tasted disgusting. Luckily my girlfriend lives in a better town with better establishments and people. (Including a GameStop with a very good GB/GBC/GBA selection. :D
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »
That's cool, missingno!  And does your Gamestop sell PS1 games?  Cause mine doesn't... if I want FF VII now I'll have to look for it on E-Bay  :(
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »
I'm aware of this promotion. In fact, I think I have the commercial for it on my computer somewhere. Unfortunately I don't have any of the toys from said promotion which is a bit of a shame because I have a dresser drawer of sorts dedicated to this sort of thing. You know, video game-related fast food toys.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
That's cool, missingno!  And does your Gamestop sell PS1 games?  Cause mine doesn't... if I want FF VII now I'll have to look for it on E-Bay  :(

Neither mine nor my girlfriend's GameStops sell PS1 games unfortunately. I wish game stores would be more devoted to the retro cause aside from the rare occurance of a retro game store. Even GameCrazy's ditching that, and they did it quite well.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
Well, though I never got any toys from that series (too old and too conscious of my health), I do have a few from, like, the first Mario promo in the 80s (passed down from my dad), as well as the entire--2003 or 2004, I think--Nintendo toys line from Burger King (primarily procured as my grandparents drove down the west coast on vacation. I still feel bad about getting the final one when my brother didn't...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 12:17:34 AM »
Wow, I had no clue that these weren't listed in the Merchandise section. I will add them first thing tomorrow!

Message me to send me cool stuff like this so I can see if we don't have it, K fellas and fellers?

Well, though I never got any toys from that series (too old and too conscious of my health), I do have a few from, like, the first Mario promo in the 80s (passed down from my dad), as well as the entire--2003 or 2004, I think--Nintendo toys line from Burger King (primarily procured as my grandparents drove down the west coast on vacation. I still feel bad about getting the final one when my brother didn't...).

SB, if you don't mind, could you take pics of those and shoot them over to me? I don't have those listed either, I believe....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:20:13 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 06:38:19 AM »
SB, if you don't mind, could you take pics of those and shoot them over to me? I don't have those listed either, I believe....
Sure, I'll see what I can do.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 08:01:21 AM »
I've got one of those too, but I don't know where it's from, other than it says McDonalds on the back. Think we found it at a yard sale or something.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print